The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accommodation Manager
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit an Accommodation Manager.
- CAF is looking for an Accommodation Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team.
- Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Assist the development of Accommodation Operating Plans, policies, and procedures.
- Propose and manage day to day process of confirming allocation and accommodation details of all CAF constituent groups.
- Manage all hotel inventories across all client groups, prior to event and on a day-to-day basis.
- Secure and finalize the Accommodation Allotment Plan.
- Liaise with other departments within the organization/Host Country to meet all event participants’ expectations.
- Manage the portfolio of hotel offers.
- Achieves cost savings and efficiency gains
- Establish and implement the necessary tools, such as concepts, project plans, communication model and business workflow.
- Lead the respective project teams during preparation, on-site operation, and reconciliation phases.
- Achieve cost savings and efficiency gains.
- Establish close relationships and contracts with hotels, for all different user groups for the tournament period; ensuring that each user group receives the requested level of service.
- Supervise the reservation system.
- Organize F&B, concierge, room drops, security & hospitality desks in each hotel.
- Source and contract additional hotels, as required.
- Overall financial management and reporting.
- Develop a contingency plan for alternative accommodation areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Travel, or Hotel Management.
- At least 5-years of relevant experience in event accommodation management.
- Experience in setting up and managing complex projects.
- Strong planning, process, and business management skills.
- Contract negotiation and management experience.
- Strong project management and excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Contract management and key-account management experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, apply
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will receive consideration
Application Deadline 15th June, 2022.