MANO Africa is Africa’s first Integrated Grocery E-shop with your local flair. We are the next generation of eCommerce, pioneering ultrafast grocery delivery in Africa by combining sophisticated technology with quick commerce, and with a promise to deliver our customers’ orders within 30 minutes. We boast of a sophisticated and strong network of riders as they are the lifeline of our business and they make it possible to deliver groceries to our customers ultrafast and efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for an experienced Accountant who will be responsible for the month end closing activities for multiple accounts, preparation of weekly / monthly / quarterly / annually reconciliations, and balance sheet analysis.
- This position will lead all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies.
- On the audit front, he/she will manage the response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with local requirements.
- The successful candidate will have a strong desire to innovate processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Prepare weekly cash reconciliation for operations petty cash accounts.
- Prepare a monthly bank reconciliation sheet of our bank accounts
- Update filing systems for various types of invoices and reimbursement forms
- Develop, implement and improve accounting processes and procedures
- Sends e-mails for suppliers, requesting statements or checking some balances and credit notes.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the unit
- Perform the month-end financial accounting close within tight deadline
- Maintain general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries and reconciling month-end balances for revenue and COGS accounts.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory bodies and internal controls over financial reporting
- Post invoices on SAP system ensuring that the amounts are posted correctly
- Post bank transfers received.
- Post cash payments on system after checking the invoices.
- Accounting Degree or related field with 7+ or more years of experience.
- Experience in month end closing of books of accounts / working on various sub-ledgers / accounting knowledge / balance sheet reconciliation & reporting activities
- Knowledgeable in Excel
Experience working on operational excellence and process improvement & simplification
- Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated
- ACCA/ICAN certification is strongly preferred.
- Basic taxes and local regulations understanding.
- Advanced English level
Strong knowledge and experience with SAP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply