Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR –TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara and Ondostates) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
We are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Contract
Organizational Unit: Finance
Contract Term: Full-time Position, 6-Months Fixed term contract (renewal based on performance).
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States. As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme across the 20 L.G.A’s in the State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in the preparation of budget and cash flow for programme implementation and prepare the budget tracking analysis, determining variance analysis.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the preparation of vouchers, cheques and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered into the accounting systems.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in managing all project assets and stock items, ensuring satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times.
- Provide support for audit processes both internal and external for the projects.
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions.
- Work closely with program team, Global Fund Fiduciary agent and support other staff including mentoring for effective operation of DFB and project activities.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- Prepare accurate, regular and timely financial reports for submission to the PR and the donor, using the office QuickBooks accounting software.
- Review the retirements of advances of staff for Training, Travels etc. on the financial reports to ensure that financial reports; are timely with valid documentation.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the preparation of accurate, regular and timely financial reports for the organization and for donor, using the office QuickBooks accounting software. These include monthly transactions reports, expenditure reports, General Ledger, Trial balance, staff and consultants advance status reports, and sub-recipients advance status reports. Ensuring that the narrative reports, supporting the financial is drawn up.
- Support the Finance Team Lead in the Preparation of the Budget tracking analysis, determining the variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Support in preparation of the Bi-annual and Annual Financial reports and other statutory reports.
- Support in the Preparation the yearly budget for Damien Foundation and the Grant.
- Support in the preparation of necessary audit schedules including Trial balance, balance sheets, details of assets and liabilities for the conduct of the annual audits and assist in follow up on the disposal of audit observations and recommendations.
- Support HR unit to Prepare project staff monthly payroll (salary and benefits) and necessary obligated deductions (pension, income tax, etc).
- Liaise with Internal Audit Unit in implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Support in ensuring that insurance/assurance policies on Assets and Staff respectively are paid as and when due.
- Ensure that PAYE/ PENSION are deducted and timely remitted to relevant agencies.
- Ensure that the program working advances (staff, consultants, etc) are controlled and cleared with retired with acceptable documentations and vouchers.
- Any other work as may be assigned by DFB Country Representative or/and other appropriate officers.
Education / Experience
- Applicants must have a University Degree / HND in Accounting or Finance or in any of the related field.
- 3-5 years working on TB projects.
- Competency in the use of Accounting Software: QuickBooks (Preferably), SAGE, Navision etc
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- ICAN/Master in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Finance/Audit and working experience with Global Fund projects or any other donor funded programs is desirable.
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player.
- Strong time management skills
- Able to manage and prioritize workload
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.