Bhumee Inks & Resins Limited is a unit in the Veepee Group of Companies. Veepee Industries is the pioneer manufacturer of flexible packaging materials and corrugated paper products in Nigeria established its manufacturing facilities at Sango Ota in Ogun State, Nigeria in 1975.
The first company, Veepee Industries Limited started its production with the polyethylene extrusion, printing, cutting and packaging industry to go through a revolution. This consumer revolution paved the way for Veepee to enter into a complete range of products and solutions in the Flexible Packaging industry including;Printing, Corrugated paper products, Printing cylinder engravings, Printing ink & Resins etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Location: Sango – Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Accounting Officer. He/She will be responsible for some of our financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. The Ideal candidate would have worked in a similar industry like ours or in a large FMCG organization.
- The Candidate’s responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. A hands-on experience with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning Software like Sage and TallyERP will be an added advantage.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Handle all accounting transactions; such as Purchasing, Sales,
- Handle Bank / Cash Receipts & Bank / Cash Payments
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Import LC’s Reconciliation
- Customer or Supplier Reconciliations
- Payroll Accounting
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable for Plant and at Group Level
- Stock taking and Valuation
- Handle Statutory payments (NSITF; VAT; Pension etc)
- And any other assigned task
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (ACA or ACCA) is a plus
- 5 – 10 years work experience.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like TallyERP and Sage
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
N75,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th January, 2022.