Coronation Merchant Bank is a strong emerging merchant banking franchise in Nigeria. We will demonstrate innovation by developing solutions to diverse customer problems, differentiating ourselves from competition with creative products and service offerings and proactively initiating change and improvement measures. Through teamwork we build corporate intelligence, increase efficiency and enhance performance and bring diverse capabilities to bear from the wide range of professional capabilities.
We hold the interest of the team above those of the individual while showing mutual respect for all employees and sharing information throughout the organisation. We demonstrate a high level of integrity by being ethically unyielding and honest, inspiring trust by unambiguous communication, matching behaviors to words and taking responsibility for actions.Our operations are transparent and always comply with all regulations and applicable laws.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts and Reconciliations Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Centralised Operations
Reports To: Team Lead, Accounts & Reconciliations
Job Grade Level: Contract
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and evaluate general reconciliation of transactions
- Ensure that processes are in place to measure and monitor operational and financial effectiveness.
- Carry out reconciliation of customer accounts to the general ledger balances. Identify irregularities and ensure prompt resolution
- Reconcile the payroll accounts to the company’s accounting systems
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Coordinate reconciliation of all bank accounts, and identify and rectify all variances and exceptions
- Carry out Vendor reconciliation/ Supplier reconciliation and address discrepancies. Put in place adequate controls to minimize discrepancies
Key Performance Indicators:
- A comparison of actual completion to scheduled completion
- Completeness of reconciliation register
- Frequency of material errors and omissions on management reports
- Frequency of fraud incidences
- Accuracy and timeliness of management reports.
- The percentage of reconciliations completed on time
- The percentage of reconciliations that were auto reconciled
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or relevant field
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in similar role
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Outstanding analytical and time management skills
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work to deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 5th August, 2022.