Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin / Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the overall guidance of the Head, Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) and the direct supervision of the Project Monitoring Unit Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for working in the areas of financial monitoring, reporting and compliance, budgeting, and administrative functions related to the programmes monitored by the Project Monitoring Unit.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Financial Monitoring, Reporting, and Compliance
- Review monthly project transactions, and account codes, and monitor actual expenses against the approved budget.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reports.
- Creation and set-up of yearly project accounts in the system
- Monthly review and clean-up of outstanding commitments (purchase requests and purchase orders).
- Monthly review on the compliance with recording of capital items including the integrity of depreciation charges.
- Assist in the budget coordination, monitoring, and follow-up at MACI Office.
- Assist in the upload of budgets into the system.
- Assist in monitoring and follow-up of budget submissions for every cycle.
- Assist in the review and analysis of annual budget submissions and periodic budget revisions at the MACI office. Coordinate review comments/findings to the office.
- Initiate and complete project revisions workflow. This includes project revisions by missions and budget updates.
- Provide necessary guidance and assistance to the MACI office on the project’s projectization practices, project structure compliance, budget, accounting process, and other queries on practices related to the project implementation.
- Prepare and update the Work Instruction Manual (WIM) for all processes being handled.
- Other financial and administrative support duties related to the role of the Project Monitoring Unit.
- Recording, reconciliation, tracking (against projects), and banking of Grants/Contracts.
- Check, process, and record all payments, administer invoices and expenses claims received, code items to agreed budgets, and action payments.
- Attend board meetings when requested by the ED
- Assisting the Senior Management Team with recruitment/induction processes, including job advertisements, draft job offers letters and contracts, and filing of such HR records
- Taking of meeting minutes as required.
- Undertake general admin tasks. For example, dealing with items of correspondence, telephone messages & inquiries, and filing
- Reconcile transactions on computer and bank statements and ensure that all accounts balance is correct.
- Liaise with and review budgets and expenditures as necessary with ED and prepare monthly reports and other data as required.
- Maintain proper records for all the above on computer payroll and finance package (Xero) and filing of all relevant paperwork.
- University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting or management reporting;
- Completed High School Diploma with four years of relevant professional experience in the field.
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems, and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and audit/review procedures;
- Ability to write narrative reports and variance analysis reports, draft correspondence and communicate effectively in English;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications, Micro-soft Excel, QuickBooks, Xero, and other software;
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.