Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Logistics Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient support and ensuring the success of procurement and logistic activities while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards.
- The Administration and Logistics Assistant will assist in the implementation of administrative and logistics activities
- He/she will assist in keeping clear records for all administration and logistic operations, including filing and achieving logistics documentation.
- Prepare documentation, materials, and refreshments for meetings, and workshops/training where necessary.
- Handle travels arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, and meal planning if required.
- Make timely arrangements to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings, and equipment in coordination and field offices.
- Ensure all offices are fully equipped with office consumables.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for the office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for bids and quotes from vendors.
- Inspect accurately and timely, goods, services, and works procured in order to establish client specifications.
- Provides accurate information for inventory management.
- Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage, and distribution of supplies and establish proper warehousing and recording systems.
- Provide a list of all equipment stored and distributed to the survey sites.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid unnecessary supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Administration Officer.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to distribution to the survey sites.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management / Management Studies, or any other related field. Previous survey-based Administrative and Logistical support experience is an added advantage.
- 0 – 2 years programming experience with relevant working experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa, and other local languages desirable.
- Ability to respond effectively to time-sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th July, 2022.
- By submitting your application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.