Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agreement Manager
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- Wartsila is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets.
- Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
- In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Want to join the ride?
- We are now looking for an Agreement Manager to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria. The Successful candidate will report to the Manager, Agreements Management.
What will you be doing?
- Carrying out Wärtsilä’s obligations in the service agreement in accordance with the service agreement, the Wärtsilä Energy Agreement Management process and general management practices in a safe and cost-effective way in order to ensure quality of work
- Monitoring that customer complies with its obligations in the service agreement and conduct customer communication
- Planning, budgeting and managing result for the work under the service agreement
- Optimising assets such as inventories, receivables, fixed assets etc tied to the service agreement
- Communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders as per Agreement Management-, Agreement Sales-, Service Projects Sales-, Parts, Field Service and Package Sales Procedures
- Managing disputes arising with the customer under the agreement, including leading the internal team involved in supporting the dispute resolution
- Monitoring Wärtsilä’s compliance with laws during the execution of the service agreement, including trade sanctions
- Prioritising actions that lead or contributes to increased customer satisfaction
- Continuously exploring ways to create more value for customer and customers business
- Leading continuous performance improvement plan and related business case for enhanced reliability and efficiency of the plant (upselling)
- Develop understanding for own organization what is required to ensure renewals of contracts (renewal)
- Ensure that competence assessments and development plans are conducted (internal and external)
- Monitor receivables situation, investigate reason for non-payment, make action plan and involve internal stakeholders as required in order to ensure payment in time by the customers
- Develop the working routines at the plant in accordance with Agreement Management processes.
You will shine in this role when you have:
- Ability to speak French is a MUST
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and/or Sales or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Sales / Contract Management in a demanding leadership environment
- Rigorous understanding of Energy business and the ability to translate that to tangible actions to capture growth potential in our sales and operations.
- Deep knowledge of services organization and way of working, strong knowledge of our lifecycle solutions portfolio and expertise provided through our Contract Management function and coordination between the stakeholders
- Inspirational change leader with the ability to engage and promote others to take action
- Strong influencing skills combined with a large internal network.
- Uncompromised customer service mindset and willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
Why you and us
- We at Wartsila believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work.
- We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation.
- We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
- We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self.
- We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely.
- That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th August, 2022.
Note: At Wartsila we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilitie