Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
What Will You Do?
- If you are passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems and experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers impacting millions of lives around you, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
- This job is responsible for extracting, analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data from a range of sources, using algorithmic, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning and statistical tools, in order to make it accessible to Airtel Business and its various LOBs.
- This requires that the candidate should have right combination of technical, analytical and communication skills.
- Identifying the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization
- Determining the correct data sets and variables
- Analyzing the data to identify patterns and trends
- Interpreting the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
- Collecting large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Devising and applying models and algorithms to mine the stores of big data
What Will Make You Successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Social sciences, Physical sciences, and Statistics
- Master’s degree in Data science, Mathematics, Astrophysics or any other related field (Add on)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in order to explain your work to people who don’t understand the mechanics behind data analysis
- Effective listening skills in order to understand the requirements of the business
- Drive and the resilience to try new ideas if the first one doesn’t work – you’ll be expected to work with minimal supervision, so it’s important that you’re able to motivate yourself
- Planning, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Team working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions.
- Experience in database interrogation and analysis tools such as Hadoop, SQL and SAS.
- In depth knowledge of data analytical tools, preferably R Programming.
- Python, Java, Perl, or C/C++ coding expertise
- Sql/Database coding expertise.
- Knowledge of working on Apache Spark
- Experience on Data Visualization tools like ggplot, d3.js and Matplottlib, and Tableau or any other.
- Should have Machine Learning and AI skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply