Spacefinish is one of Africa’s leading Design/Build company that specialises in office spaces. We have a core team of 20 professionals, and network of +40 consultant partners across multiple African countries.
At Spacefinish we do not see ourselves as just Project Managers and Designers, rather we see ourselves as influencers of work culture and brand identity for our clients. Our clients have undergone huge “internal” brand transformation as a result of the spaces we have delivered to them. We have gathered data that shows that our human centered approach to workspace design and construction has positively changed employee behavior.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect – Mid level Designer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mid-level designer will Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to client, develop concept plans, designs and design solutions, produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications, advise clients on the practicality of their project as well as lead liaison and engagements with clients, consultants, contractors, vendors on architectural requirements and design concepts.
Principal Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assess gaps within the design processes and develop appropriate remedial strategies
- Oversee decisions regarding overall design creation and development
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary collaborations as well as brainstorming sessions
- Review, evaluate and modify designs to suit authority requirements and meet design intentions
- Knowledge of principles of managing research for design creation and development, methods for managing stakeholders, design failures and defects, and preventive measures to address design failures and defects.
- Encourage the utilisation of relevant design approaches and techniques to achieve design solutions
- Review progress and determine the adequacy of various phases in the design creation and development processes
- Communicate with internal and external parties to articulate design intentions and obtain feedback during the design process
- Analyse 3D models and conduct scenario visualisation to validate project plans and design quality
- Run simulations to test 3D models
- Identify problems with design quality
- Ensure project plans and designs are compliant with relevant and prevailing regulatory standards
- Explore and apply key animation principles and techniques to create 3D animation for VR optimisation
- Test what-if scenarios
- Validate project plans
- Test feasibility of designs
Design Standards and specification:
- Manage and inspect designs to ensure that they are executed in accordance with relevant required design standards, work quality and established policies and regulations
- Facilitate quality management reviews during design development
- Manage overall quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) reviews and check to ensure design standards are met
- Manage design policies and procedures for compliance purposes
Design and Aesthetic sensibility:
- Evaluate the aesthetics and sensory appeal of designs to ensure that they evoke the desired emotions in the target audiences
- Review overall design of products and services to ensure that they bring positive associations and do not overload the users’ senses
- Develop new aesthetics and design concepts for design
- Assess and make trade-offs in the design process by compromising either critical functionality or aesthetic appeal
- Propose suggestions to enhance the aesthetic and sensory appeal of designs
Design for safety, sustainability and maintainability:
- Develop design plans to ensure compliance with Design Safety measures to eliminate or reduce the safety and health risks during the project lifecycle
- Communicate residual risks to main stakeholders for further mitigation
- Review documentation of safety and health issues identified during the design review process and actions taken
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop maintainable and sustainable designs
- Implement and monitor risk control measures
- Verify that all information provided by the developer or contractor for the project has been accounted for
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s in Architecture
- Minimum of 4 years for Mid Level Designer.
- Entry Level for Junior Designers.
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Illustrator or other design programs
- Communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent portfolio of previous works
- Creative talent, imagination and eye for design
Other behavioural competency requirements:
- Facilitating teamwork, building and promoting effective teams
- Prepares effective business cases and proposals.
- Exhibit the behaviours that inspire the trust and confidence of team members and clients
- Managing for results
- Communicates difficult ideas and complex messages in a way that aids understanding.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
8th August, 2021.