Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Job ID: R-46608
Background & Purpose of the Job
- The Area Sales Manager will lead the regional Field Sales Force in achieving the sales objectives for the sales area as set in the Customer Marketing Plans and Customer Business Plans.
- Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales resources.
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and profitability.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Ensure ambitious target setting & monitor closely for performance
- Coach the Field Sales force for Performance in relation to the targets set and build a winning spirit within his/her team
- Ensure streamlined implementation of the customer strategy at POS in order to further build market share
- Prepare and lead the Sales Team Meetings with focus on results vs. targets set. Together with the sales team, identify & implement actions for closing possible results gaps in the concerned POS when they occur
- Define and implement guidelines for coverage planning and expansion.
- Evaluate sales reps on personal performance and contribution based on facts and observable data
- Regular review of knowledge and skill level of the sales team and assess adequacy and need input. Identify training needs for direct reports and give regular performance feedback.
- Liaise with CD Operations for sales forecasting and stock planning.
- Provide innovative ideas and suggestions to improve market presence.
- Operationalize annual JBP plan and review weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Ensure KD operates within agreed Unilever guidelines and trade policy
- Evaluates financial and operational health of KDs and takes necessary corrective action when necessary.
- Follow up of field budgets versus incremental sales per rep.
- Build excellent relationships with the regional/local responsible manager of the concerned Customers.
- Gather and provide competitive information to headquarters on a regular and continuous basis.
- Ensure adequate management of sales resources during illness/vacation.
Relevant Experience and Skills
- 5 years relevant field sales force experience
- Two years Brand Building experience is an advantage
- Two years of Trade Category Management is an advantage
- Creativity, engagement in tasks.
- Basic knowledge of English.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Excel).
- Negotiating skills.
- Stress resistance.
- Planning and tasks realization.
- Problems solving and decisions ma king.
- Effective team player.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Regional Sales Manager
- CD Operations
- Channel & Category Management
- Human Resources
- CD Finance.
- Field Sales Managers
- Field Sales Officers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities.
- We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
- At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey