The Insurance Institute of Nigeria (IIN) commenced operations in 1957, it was granted Charter status under the provision of Act No 22 on 26th February 1993. Under the Charter, the Institute (Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria) has been charged with the general duty of determining the standards of knowledge and skills to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the Insurance profession in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director (Examination)
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide strategic oversight to the Examination Directorate to drive the Institute towards profitable and sustainable growth
- Oversee the preparation of the Directorate’s budgets, forecasts and monitor implementation and performance measurement within budget guidelines
- Maintain, update and implement policies, manuals and procedures for the Examination Directorate
- Plan, organise and coordinate the Global Activities of the Examination Directorate as it relates mainly to Examination, Exemptions and Deferment
- Enforce adherence to specific internally established control systems and authorities and encourage all staff in the Directorate to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Institute’s standards and policies
- Ensure prompt attendance to all requests in line with the Institute’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement and Core Values
- Coordinate the accreditation of higher institutions offering insurance as a course of study
- Render necessary assistance on Examinations to the Institute’s various chapters when required
- Drive the digitalisation of the deliverables of the Examination
- Create an enabling environment that empowers staff in the Directorate to develop capabilities required to achieve set goals and respond to opportunities and challenges in the business environment
- Conduct and coordinate the Institute’s professional examinations in Nigeria and other West Africa States i.e. Gambia and Rwanda, Kigali
- Ensure that reasonable criteria is developed and adhered to when making decisions concerning the adoption of a digital examination test software
- Manage the end-to-end process of digital examinations securely and efficiently, with minimal cost and high quality
- Ensure the integrity and credibility of virtual examinations while adopting a cost-effective and scalable method
- Market the Institute’s examinations to Tertiary Institutions and other identified channels
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director General
Specifications / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Social Sciences discipline such as Insurance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Banking etc.
- Minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience with at least 5 years’ experience in the Financial Services Sector and in Top/Senior Management Positions.
- Evidence of strong industry / sector participation
- High level of Integrity and Compliance with relevant industry standards
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree in any business-related discipline.
- Professional membership of Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) is compulsory.
- Other business-related certification / professional membership such as ICAN, ACCA, CIBN, CII UK will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th April, 2021.