Multi Aid and Charity Initiative (MACI) is a registered non-governmental and nonprofit organization majorly concerned with improving the health and well-being condition of women and children, advocacy, and Peacebuilding through policies and programs designed, aimed at salvaging the devastating situation caused by the over a decade Boko Haram insurgency. MACI’s humanitarian interest includes; Gender-based Violence, Girl Child Education, Women and Youth, Empowerment, Sexual and Reproductive Health Education, Community Health Education, and Mobilization. MACI has reached over 10,000 vulnerable women and children with life support and life-changing services in northeast Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Education Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The purpose of this role is to support the Education officer with daily implementation of funded Education projects, with Multi Aid and charity Initiative MACI in partnership with donor organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organization, delivery, and monitoring of an innovative and inclusive Education and Outreach programme that is integrated with the Visual, Verbal, and Educational Arts Programmes.
- Development of enhanced creative community participation within the Arts Centre REPORTS 1. Organize, deliver, fulfil and monitor the Education and Outreach Programme in association with the Exhibition and Education Officers. To facilitate MACI workshops and classes.
- To initiate creative ideas, devise and deliver suitable workshops for classes for all ages and abilities.
- Organize, deliver, fulfill and monitor a network with schools to achieve active involvement and participation in the MACI’s programmes of teachers and pupils within the Maiduguri.
- Assist the Education Officers in the development of the School and Community Groups Exhibition Touring Programme.
- Disseminate information on the Education Programme within the MACI area coverage.
- In conjunction with MACI Initiative, Administration Officer and wider team, initiate, plan and organize promotional activities to enhance participation in the educational events, activities and workshops within Maiduguri.
- Maintain the Monitoring and Evaluation System for all of the MACI’s education activities. Prepare reports, deal with correspondence and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure the highest levels of professionalism and customer care in the delivery of services within the control of this post.
- Build on the existing network of contacts within the voluntary, community, including community groups, colleges, and libraries, to achieve the active involvement and participation of the general public in MACI Outreach programs.
- Work with the Education Officer to engage and monitor the performance of facilitators in educational activities to ensure the quality of delivery.
- Maintain contact with a wide variety of artists and contributors to encourage their involvement with MACI Initiative.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by MACI Initiative
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- University Degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience Education in Emergencies
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees, and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation, and violence
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards.
Required Competencies and Values:
- Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Integrity & transparency
- Managing and sharing knowledge
- Delivering results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, as a single word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: MACI welcomes applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.