Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant HR Manager
Job ID: R-32649
- As a HR Generalist, you are at the heart of the end-to-end delivery of all people related activities and processes across Africa.
- You are hands-on and bring to the team strong operational excellence in executing best in class Employee/Industrial relations, resourcing, capability building and HR operations.
Your Key Tasks
- You are the curator of culture in your market and responsible for driving initiatives that keep employees engaged and improve the overall employee experience.
- As the first point of contact for employees in your local market, you deliver front line HR support to the business and ensure HR delivery is fully aligned to business goals.
- You act as a coach to Line managers on talent management, reward management, performance management, engagement/culture and employee relations.
- You ensure resolution of local ER/IR issues (including Payroll errors, Payroll rejects, grievances, disciplinary, dispute resolutions, absence, retirement, and redundancy).
- You support the talent management strategy and work with your regional HR team on performance management and career development plans.
- You activate and execute the performance management cycle in line with the global timelines.
- You co-create and activate the career development plans for your local market.
- You support line managers in executing reward strategy/guidelines as required as well as the development and execution of training plans to build the capacity of the talent pool.
- You ensure the employer branding strategy is implemented according to the local strategy.
- You will be required to lead/support ad hoc projects related to ekaterra’s separation from Unilever and setting up ekaterra as a successful independent organisation.
- You are responsible for the management and successful running of the monthly payroll in your market. Collaborating both internally and externally to ensure employees are paid accurately, on time.
- You ensure ekaterra’s compliance with local legislation by maintaining relationships with the relevant bodies, representing at local sessions, and maintaining relevant records.
- You ensure ekaterra’s HR data accuracy by liaising with the HR Shared service center on data management activities (Position management, data cleansing, reporting lines, etc.)
- You support line managers with their recruitment process needs (Job requisition, selection process, offer) along with pre-onboarding and onboarding activities to create a lasting experience for new joiners.
Skills and Experiences
- You have a minimum of 3 years of HR Generalist experience including employee/labour relations, recruitment, reward and benefits administration
- Good knowledge of local employment/labour laws
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Good administrative, negotiation and influencing skills
- Project management experience would be advantageous.
Who we are looking for:
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous, attention to detail
- Driven, results oriented with great passion for tea!
- Pro-active, energized, and positive
- Collaborative, team player
- Personal Mastery.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply