Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Maintenance Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- As an Asst. Maintenance Manager, you would be assisting the Chief Engineer on his day-to-day activities, Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all machinery, equipment and engineering facilities.
- Also to ensure that there is no breakdown of the engineering systems and inspect the working condition of equipment and engineering systems and ensure that all standards are maintained on regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the chief engineer in the day to day work and oversee thepreventive maintenanceof all equipment.
- To assume all the responsibilities and authority of the chief engineer in his absence.
- To take regular training classes of Engineers and Staff.
- To check alllogbooksdaily and take corrective measures accordingly.
- To keep Chief Engineer informed of all the activities and incidence in the Engineering Department.
- To coordinate with the outside agencies orvendorsfor repair and maintenance work.
- To check the quality of engineering goods procured by the organization.
- To obtain a thorough knowledge of firefighting appliances.
- Daily coordination of the Technical services department in his/her area of responsibility.
- Advise on the duty roster for his/her area of responsibility.
- Should have good knowledge of Capex and Opex items.
- Prepare reports, maintain inventories, and keep accurate records, order equipment and supplies.
- Ensure correct maintenance of all equipment in conjunction with the other user departments.
- Stay abreast with the technological advances in surveillance &safetyof the equipment.
- Ensure that Operational problems are promptly brought to the attention of the Technical Supervisor.
- At regular intervals, inspect the working condition of equipment and engineering systems and ensure that all standards are maintained.
- Able to represent engineering department on HOD meeting during the absence of Chief engineer.
- Able to take decisions in order to ensure successful operation.
- Able to respond toemergenciesin a timely manner.
- Able to effectively perform vendor management.
- Able to make quotation finalisation.
- Monitor and record utility consumption and assist the Chief Engineer to maintain efficiency.
- Maintain history card for all the plant equipment.
- Provide supervision and leadership to colleagues within his/her area of the Technical Services Department.
- Any other job or duties assigned by the management as and when required.
- General knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen and other trades.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical or electrical services.
- Able to train, coach, and develop team members.
- Good knowledge offire& life safety processes and procedures.
- Excellent command of the English language (oral and written).
- Degree in Engineering or other related fields.
- 2 to 3 years of experience working as a multi-skilled technician in a full-service hotel or similar capacity in a service industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th March, 2022.