Lekki Freeport Terminal, part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport, namely Lekki Port.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Security Manager (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position is to coordinate security operations through implementation of the security architectural plan initiated by the GM/Head of Government Relations & Security as guided by the ISPS Code.
Major Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- Support the GM/Head of Government Relations & Security in the terminal’s ISPS accreditation and acts as the LFT Alternate PFSO.
- Follow up on fraud prevention, detection and investigation within the terminal and associated areas.
- Reviews and adjusts deployment of security personnel and technology for perimeter and traffic control within the concession area as guided by the GM/Head of Relations & Security.
- Interpersonal working relationship with team in other departments of LFT and third-party contractors.
- Compile, Maintain security files and records.
- Coordinate the implementation of a secure working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors at the terminal as initiated by the GM/Head of Government Relations & Security.
- Maintain a network of contacts within the security industry locally in Nigeria.
- Maintain up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Security.
- Seek out best practices within the industry and internationally to ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Represent the company with government organizations related to security in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a cooperative partnership with local resources as guided by the GM/Head of Government Relations & Security:
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time by the GM/Head of Government Relations & Security.
Reporting And Scope: (IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
- Direct reports – LFT Security Supervisors
- Senior reports – GM/Head of Government Relations & Security
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience: (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
- University Degree or Higher Degree and Security Certifications.
- Familiarity with international standards for Health, Safety, Security and Environment or similar national standards and regulations.
- Must possess effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess leadership skills to direct others in regular and emergency situations.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work cognate experience in the Container Terminal Industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply