The Riverbank School is committed to raising God fearing Child leaders who would aim for excellence in all their endeavours. We offer a Christian and family approach to care and education that will ensure full academic potential is realized in every individual. We therefore ensure that members of staff are dedicated and hardworking staff who are committed to safeguarding and promoting the security and welfare of children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Teacher
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Class Teacher
- To foster the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school.
- To enable pupils become more independent learners and help to raise the standard of achievement.
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education.
- To support pupils learning activities, attend to additional learning needs and help in development.
- To help with the care, health, wellbeing and support of pupils
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
- Contribute to the management of pupils’ behaviour both in and out of the classroom.
- Support the use of ICT.
- To support the lead teacher with routine administration.
- To assist in ensuring that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To support pupils in their individual learning and development.
- To help develop their literacy and numeracy skills and thus to improve their attainment across the curriculum.
- To help with classroom resources and records.
- To contribute to planning, evaluating learning activities and recording pupils’ progress.
- Log in homework books.
- To be an effective model for pupil behaviour.
- To assist in carrying out schemes of work and programmes set by teaching staff.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of the environment for staff and pupils.
- To assist in the presentation of displays.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To maintain confidentiality, child protection procedures and policies.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with children from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Suitability to work with children.
- PGCE/ PGDE, NCE, Montessori Dip. or any relevant additional qualification is an advantage
- A minimum of 1 year experience Teaching
- Clear and effective communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.