Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Reports to: General Manager, Operations
Job Summary & Purpose
- We are currently sourcing for Automation Engineer to join our team and support the strategic roadmap of our Operations Department.
- The responsibilities of this role include carrying out installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of OEM equipment and machinery at the customers’ facility to ensure optimum performance of equipment and little or no downtime.
- To be successful in this role, you should have solid installation, technical, automation, and electrical engineering skills and be familiar with the production and manufacturing industry, specifically food and beverage.
- Develop, analyse, and review AutoCAD, PLC, HMI/SCADA programs using functional design specifications and P&ID.
- Design and install a new automation infrastructure for machineries, production line and plant.
- Lead start-up and commissioning of small or large projects.
- Assist on production line development to acquire cycle times needed, electrical cost estimates to develop controls on new machines built from conceptual stages.
- Project implementation, programming, troubleshooting variable frequency drives, and DC Systems using TIA Portal application.
- Write manual documentation to include sequence of operation and troubleshooting sections.
- PLC, HMI/SCADA knowledge Code Development for Dairy & Beverages Processing Plants & Cement.
- Participate in or lead HAZOP studies, FAT, risk analyses and risk mitigation as it affects production output and humans.
- Monitoring equipment and process parameters, planning upgrades and maintenance, and developing and implementing changes that improve uptime and output quality.
- Ensure all Company’s staff and contractors obey safety rules and regulations and make use of applicable PPE always to reduce chances of incidents/accidents.
Education/ Professional Qualifications
- A graduate Degree in Engineering preferably Electrical & Electronics, Robotics, Mechatronics
- Familiarity with automation and troubleshooting methods and practices.
- Additional certification in automation or engineering from an accredited institute will be an advantage.
- 3 – 4 years of proven work experience specifically in manufacturing, food, and beverage industry
Key Skills & Competencies:
High/expert proficiency and solid understanding of computer programming and software development in the following areas:
- Siemens – (Step 5, Step 7 & TIA Portal), VBA
- HMI – (Siemens: ProTool, WinCC Flexible, WinCC 7.4)
- SCADA – (Siemens: WinCC, Braumat, Intouch Wonderware)
- Industrial networks (MPI, Profibus, Profinet -Ethernet, AS-i bus, DH +, DH485, DeviceNet, Scalance)
- Safety – (Siemens: Step 7 distributed safety, Step 7 safety advanced
- Remote Access (eWON, mbNET)
- Variable Speed Drives – (Siemens – Micromaster, Micromaster Vector; Danfoss
- VLT5000, VLT2800, FC302, ABB, etc)
- MS Office – Words/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/ Project/Visio
- Practical Autocad and ePlan skills
- Energetic, independent, and self-driven
- Time management skills
- Good knowledge of electrical panel design, wiring and components identification.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to deliver quality service always
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem-solving abilities
- Energetic, independent, and self-driven
- Willing to travel locally and internationally.
- Proven experience in PLC and HMI Software development from conceptualization, design, and simulation.
- High proficiency in troubleshooting equipment problems and performing complex system tests
- Proof of hands-on installation and commissioning experience in electrical and industrial process automation.
- Project management knowledge relative to scope, time, quality, and cost.
- Instrumentation, calibration, and component selection.
- Pro-active, attention to detail and solution oriented
- Excellent communication skills – Report writing skills is essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected
Application Deadline 25th February, 2022.