British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Autonomous Maintenance Coach
Job ID: 48129
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reports To: IWS Manager
Role Positioning And Objectives
- To deploy Autonomous Maintenance (AM) across the site in pursuance of the IWS phase progression agenda. To guide and coach operating teams in the AM methodology starting from AM step 1 to step 7 ensuring the right systems, knowledge and behaviours are imbedded within the line teams.
What You Will Be Accountable For
Deploy Autonomous Maintenance (AM) across site:
- Execute strategic deployment of AM across A&B ranked lines
- Support phase progression by building AM capabilities in operating teams
- Work with line managers to understand, track, and close AM knowledge gaps per individual across all A& B ranked lines
- Reapply AM learnings to all planned modules to accelerate performance
- Give regular AM deployment and performance update to IWS manager
- Engage and manage suppliers to deliver required AM infrastructure to deliver required results
- Participate in shift DDS to help capability building
Ownership and rigorous application of AM DMS’s, standards and tools:
- Drive capability improvement of line teams in the execution of AM standards (CIL, DH, and CL)
- Support elimination of source of contamination required for passing AM step 2
- Act as SPOC to PM pillar when required in AM step 3 and beyond
- Drive compliance and usage of AM board as required
- Coach and drive compliance to OPL creation and usage
- Drive the required equipment ownership behaviours amongst line teams by consistent coaching of AM principles and tools
- Conduct required trainings to close identified gaps amongst line teams
- Develop organization skills in line with IWS methodology.
- Support Equipment Owners in developing required standards for their respective equipment’s through coaching during pit stop and utilizing requited tools such as heat maps, transformation maps, lube maps, safety maps,
- Support operators in building technical mastery in fixing defects
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of any manufacturing environment with at least 1-2 years’ experience in a production environment, having built people leadership skills and demonstrated knowledge of driving continuous improvement methodologies.
- Familiarity with structured problem tools, such as fishbone diagram, 5 why, RCA
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians.
- Effective at putting new insights into practice and proactively adjusts to new environments.
- Higher National Diploma or Bachelors of Science / Engineering from a recognised institution.
- Ability to work with data and information
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply