Gomoney is a digital bank dedicated to simplifying banking for everyone and contributing to a future where everyone is in control of their money. With tools to split, schedule, send, receive and track payments, users have the tools for better transaction processes and better understanding of their spending habits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Term
- We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us if you’re:
- Interested in building products used by tens of thousands of customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- An experienced Backend Engineer that is passionate about building scalable and reliable web platforms.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialize or move between teams. As an engineer here you’d be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About this Role
What will you be doing as a Backend Engineer?
- You’ll be working as part of a cross-disciplinary group that prioritizes user needs, challenges assumptions, and iterates quickly, using data and running experiments to develop secure, robust, and scalable solutions.
How Will You Make Impact?
- You will be a part of our backend team responsible for managing the interchange of data between our servers and users. As you know, backend engineering primarily focuses on the development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Define and deliver resilient software that meets and exceeds the expectations of your team, managers, and product stakeholders.
- Develop readable, testable, and maintainable code to spec.
- Commitment to continued technical and professional growth.
- Interfacing with stakeholders to understand their business, goals, and visions for products supported by the product organisation.
- Lending your knowledge and positive approach to overall team development.
- Frameworks, and technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- NodeJs + TypeScript
- Kubernetes + Helm
- Github + CircleCI
- Loki + Grafana.
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, writing code for web applications
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL databases like Postgres or MongoDB.
- Familiarity with key-value databases like Redis or memcached.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Experience working remotely as an effective member of a team.
- Fun collaborating, problem-solving, and being part of a team environment.
- A vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written).
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision.
- The ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Good knowledge of Docker, container orchestration and microservices architecture
- Experience working with Kubernetes clusters and deploying applications
You should apply if:
- You love building products in cross disciplinary teams using an iterative approach, driven by customer feedback and data insight.
- You deeply care about providing a great user experience to our users, and understand the impact that technology can have on this.
- You’re interested in building distributed systems and tackling the fun challenges and complexity that comes with that.
- You understand the importance of prioritization in your work to ensure a good balance between development velocity and code quality.
- You’re comfortable working with in a team that deals with ambiguity every day, not afraid to take the lead on technical and strategic decision-making.
- You are a keen learner and love sharing your knowledge with others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply