Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
- We’re looking for a backend software engineer to join our team. Your primary responsibilities include architecting, implementing, releasing and supporting features that enable our collaborative product model.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating high-quality products is essential.
You’ll be expected to:
- Explore, define and develop new technologies and architecture.
- Re-evaluate existing technologies to constantly improve our platform.
- Improve upon and build new business-critical features and infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale backend implementations of new and existing consumer product features
- Design and develop software that will run across web and mobile apps
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Critically look at the user problems and design process flows and improve them
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand member pain points and come up with solutions.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
- Work across the engineering team to improve and uphold high technical standards
- Work with smart algorithm processes to scale software from thousands to millions of transactions
- Set up staging and sandbox environments to test software functionality and efficiency
- Build smart data collection techniques to better understand user behaviours and experience
- Tackle software bugs and technical troubleshooting
- Support customer-witnessed testing.
Who we’re looking for:
- Strong experience working on the backend of a technology product
- Impact and mission driven
- A keen and strategic problem solver
- Enjoy learning and diving into the deepest levels of how things work
- Champion mentality; result and goal orientated
- Great team player
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- 5+ years developing software in a production environment at scale
- A deep understanding of Python
- Very good understanding of APIs and Django Rest framework
- Very good understanding of Celery, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Working knowledge of Git
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research.
- Experience working with transactional databases and caching systems
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale mobile applications
- An appreciation for maintainable and well-tested code
- Very good understanding of Node.js, MySQL DB, PostgreSQL
- Very good understanding of socket programming
- Ability to ‘mould’ efficient queries to perform tasks on time
- Must have built awesome software before that had live active users
- Knowledge of technological trends.
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities.
- You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply