Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c
The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
2.0 All qualified candidates are advised to:
- a. Visit Federal Scholarship Board’s website: www.fsb.gov.ng
- b. Click on Application Center
- c. Click on BEA Form
- d. Select BEA Award Application
- e. Register/Login
- f. Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
- g. Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two (2) copies to interview venue.
3.0 FIELDS OF STUDY
- a. Undergraduate level – Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
- b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
4.0 CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
B. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO) only in the subjects relevant to their field of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Three (3) years old (2010 – 2012). Applicants who by October 2013 will be in 300 Level and above in any Tertiary Institution need not apply. Age limit is 23 years
NOTE (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is an added advantage.
5.0 VENUE OF INTERVIEW: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- i. Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial
- ii. Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
- iii. Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
- iv. Two copies of Birth Certificate.
- v. State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
- vi. Eight (8) passport sized colour photographs on white background
- vii. Medical Certificate of Fitness including HIV /AIDS, and Hepatitis B free Certificates obtained from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National Hospital, Abuja.
- viii. Police Clearance Certificate including finger prints from the Police Station nearest to Place of Residence
- ix. Data page of current International Passport, and
- x. Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for postgraduate studies.
Original documents should be presented at the interview venues for sighting
2013/2014 BEA INTERVIEW VENUES AND DATES FROM MARCH 18TH TO 22ND MARCH 2013
|S/N||ZONE/ VENUE||MONDAY MARCH 18TH||TUESDAY MARCH 19TH||WEDNESDAY MARCH 20TH||THURSDAY MARCH 21ST||FRIDAY MARCH 22ND|
||NORTH EAST FGGC JALINGO||BORNO STATE||ADAMAWA STATE||YOBE AND GOMBE STATES||TARABA AND BAUCHI STATES||COLLATION OF RESULT|
||NORTH WEST FGC KANO||KEBBI AND KATSINA STATES||SOKOTO AND KADUNA STATES||ZAMFARA AND JIGAWA STATES||KANO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
||NORTH CENTRAL FGC ILORIN||FCT AND BENUE STATE||KOGI STATE||NIGER AND NASARAWA STATES||KWARA AND PLATEAU STATES||COLLATION OF RESULT|
||SOUTH EAST FGGC OWERRI||ANAMBRA STATE||EBONYI STATE||ABIA AND ENUGU STATES||IMO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
||SOUTH WEST FGGC AKURE||OSUN STATE||OYO AND LAGOS STATES||EKITI AND OGUN STATES||ONDO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
||SOUTH SOUTH FSTC UYO||CROSS RIVERS AND DELTA STATES||RIVERS STATE||EDO STATE||AKWA IBOM AND BAYELSA STATES||COLLATION OF RESULT|
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
Dr MacJohn Nwaobiala
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter