American Cancer Hospital is a visionary project of IHC (International Healthcare Consulting) in the US. The Board consists of Prominent Medical Professionals and business folks dedicated to the development of high-quality healthcare facilities. In 2016, a new door opened up in Imo State, Nigeria where the Local Government had built a number of hospitals. Three of these hospital buildings were offered as lease to International Healthcare Consulting (IHC) to develop medical services in Imo state.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
Location: Iho, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Diagnose defective medical equipment and implement repairs without direct supervision.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance activities performed on assigned medical equipment and update the department database of this record of service, completely and promptly.
- Perform and record preventive maintenance of assigned equipment through periodic performance checks and measurements based onEquipment Management Plan.
- Have a working knowledge of all applicable codes and standards for maintaining medical equipment including those issued by accrediting agencies.
- Ensure medical equipment involved in or suspected to be involved with adverse patient interactions is processed in accordance with ACH Health policy.
- Perform repairs and configuration updates to the nurse call system/network, including interfaces with middleware, ADT and alarm notification servers and equipment.
- Perform repairs and configuration of critical care patient monitoring computer systems; central stations, displays, database servers, enhanced web servers, ADT interface servers, alarm prioritizing and routing servers.
- Maintain and configure medical equipment alarm notification equipment, interfaces, and systems.
- Maintain and configure electronic ICU servers and associated network equipment.
- Provide guidance to clinical users on proper use and care for diagnostic, treatment and monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrate correct setup, calibration, and operation of patient care equipment to clinical staff as required.
- Assist in the installation of medical equipment and systems by collaborating with clinical users in the selection of proper equipment for their needs, determining required infrastructure additions or changes, recommending mounting locations, and working with contractors to ensure proper equipment installation, cable routing, and labeling.
- Maintain technical skills and be aware of emerging trends in Healthcare Technology Management by periodically attending seminars and reading relevant professional material.
- Operate sophisticated calibration and test equipment.
- Repair/calibrate life support and other critical medical equipment and systems such as but not limited to the following: ventricular assist devices, anesthesia machines, mechanical ventilators, electrosurgical units, physiologic patient monitoring equipment, ECG and EEG equipment, Echo vascular ultrasounds, hypothermia units, blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, adult and pediatric heart catheterization lab equipment, electro-physiology lab equipment, mass spectrometer based anesthesia gas analysis system, lasers, computerized ECG stress test systems, volumetric infusion pumps, diagnostic ultrasound, and holter systems.
- Install and maintain various devices used to interface critical medical equipment data into the American Cancer Hospital electronic medical record system (EPIC)
- Ensure urgent device corrections, and equipment recalls are acted upon in a timely manner to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Provide direction, assistance and give feedback to department interns on various equipment repair activities and procedures when requested.
- Perform repairs and configuration of data capture devices that interface clinical diagnostic and treatment equipment to institutional medical recording and data acquisition systems.
- Monitor incoming work orders, prioritize work based on criticality and accurately document all work in the department’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Provide outstanding customer service. Contact department customers and provide device repair status and estimated time of return. Resolve customer complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with 2-5 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 25th August, 2022.