The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Broadcast Operations Manager
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the ability to drive CAF’s Commercial program to the next level.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of CAF’s host broadcast production strategy
- Manage the planning and implementation of all aspects of the host broadcast production and operations for CAF tournaments and events, including but not limited to:
- Definition of scope of production.
- Assist and support Local Organizing Committees in delivering all broadcast infrastructure as per CAF’s requirements.
- On-site event-time role will include overseeing the delivery of all broadcast production aspects and being main point of contact to other CAF departments, local entities, and external suppliers in relation to broadcast operations.
- Ensure all compliance and legal requirements related to broadcast operations at CAF events are met by all involved external contributors.
- Management and supervision of external suppliers to ensure that the TV production and all service levels are delivered according to CAF’s standards of quality, and in a cost-effective manner.
- Support technology developments to enhance broadcast delivery.
- Procurement of technical services and human resources.
- Drafting, negotiation, execution, and implementation of supplier contracts.
- Budget management.
- Oversee the delivery of CAF competition(s) in the planning phase and on-site, acting as either a Venue Broadcast manager or an Event Broadcast Manager.
- Lead or support specific projects related to sponsorship servicing and beyond.
- Manage service providers and handle tenders and procurement procedures when necessary.
- Contribute to specific working groups within the Commercial Division and across CAF.
- Bring added value by contributing innovative ideas to further enhance CAF’s approach to broadcast production management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or Sports Management, or similar.
- Previous experience in broadcast production role is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work event-time hours during competitions.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and other modern IT tools.
- Fluent English and/or French; knowledge of Arabic and/or Portuguese is an asset
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality.
Application Deadline 20th March, 2022.