Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Reporting to the financial controller, the Budget Officer will coordinate budget preparations, present budget estimate to the budget committee, check expenses against budget, compare actual with budget, compute variance, investigate variance and report.
- Ensures efficient coordination of various cost center, departmental, and designated accounts by implementing budgeting systems and financial records which are compatible with the company policy.
- Advises the cost center head regarding financial decisions by providing accurate information regarding the financial status of individual accounts and the cost center as a whole.
- Assists the immediate supervisor in annual budgeting and financial planning by providing allocation and expense projections.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries regarding the status of vacant positions and associated salary savings.
- Assists the cost center head in the development of the annual salary increase matrix to determine annual salary increases based on performance and equity.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to handle special administrative and trouble-shooting projects assigned by the immediate supervisor by gathering information, coordinating and communicating with various departments, and following through with projects to completion.
- Contributes to the overall success of the cost center by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining high levels of accuracy, maintaining a professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
- Ensures the financial integrity of departmental, and designated budgets by monitoring balances and expenditures.
- Provides assistance to the immediate supervisor by collecting, organizing, and analyzing financial and other statistical data for the preparation of financial and non-financial reports, establishing reporting deadlines for cost center staff providing data for these reports,
- Coordinates budgetary and other statistical data within the company, as directed.
- Serves a liaison between the cost center and Financial Services on financial matters such as budget submission and clarification of financial and budgetary policies and procedures.
- Assists the cost center head to assure proper use of Company funds by reviewing all Position Authorization forms and Personnel Action forms routed to the cost center, verifying budget information, and noting questions and concerns.
- Any other jobs that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, & Business Administration
- ACA, and ICAN Certification in view
- Knowledge of IFRS regulations, internal auditing, and public accounting
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Communication and team coordination skills
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the position title as the subject of the email application
Application Deadline 26th March, 2021.