Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: Building Technologist
- Liaising with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval;
- Understanding how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset;
- Evaluating and advising on environmental, legal and regulatory issues;
- Assessing what surveys (e.g. land surveys) are required before work can commence and ensuring such surveys are undertaken and their results fed into the project;
- Producing, analyzing and advising on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used;
- Contributing to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures;
- Meeting with other professionals and clients at an early stage to agree on the project brief;
- Obtaining feedback from clients and people using the building and reporting on the performance of the contractors once the construction project is completed;
- Developing project briefs and working on these as the project progresses;
- Appraising the performance of buildings which are in use and producing maintenance management information;
- Advising clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking;
- Managing the work of trainee technologists and contributing to the overall running of business;
- Evaluating and advising on refurbishment, re-use, recycling and deconstruction.
- Carrying out design-stage risk assessments;
- Administering contracts and project certifications;
- Preparing and presenting design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and traditional drawing methods;
- Leading the detailed design process and coordinating design information.
- A degree in Architectural Technology, Architectural Engineering / Architecture, Building Services Engineering, Building / Construction, Built Environment Studies, Civil and Structural Engineering, Computer-aided Engineering, Construction Management, Surveying.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Competence in CAD software
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong planning and organization skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- A strong interest in architecture, mathematics, drawing and design, with an excellent eye for detail
- Art and design skills to complement technical know-how
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- The ability to work well under time and budget pressures.
Deadline: 30th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter