Imo State University was established in 1981 through law No. 4 passed by the Imo State House of Assembly. Established with the vision of pursuing the advancement of learning and academic excellence, the university has been unrelenting in the pursuit of its mission of becoming a citadel of learning, a community with the trademark of excellence in teaching, research and service to humanity, a catalyst as well as an agent for development.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Owerri, Imo
Responsibilities / Functions
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Finance Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice for all the Institution’s financial transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidates should have a good Honours Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related courses from a recognized University and must in addition be a member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ANAN, ICMA, ACA, ACCA, ICPA.
- The candidate must not be lower than the rank of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent and must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in financial matters with at least three (3) years spent in a University or comparable institution as a Deputy Bursar.
- The candidate should be of high integrity as well as ICT compliant.
- In all cases, the applicants must not be above sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment but applicants who were appointed to the position in acting capacity before the attainment of sixty (60) years are eligible to apply.
Conditions of Service
- Each appointment shall be for a non-renewable single term of five (5) years and on such other terms and conditions as currently applicable to similar positions in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined by the appropriate University Law and The Governing Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 (twenty five) copies of their Applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) which should provide the following information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and LGA
- Nationality (Indicate State of origin if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Pure Academic Qualifications with dates, including FSLC
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates) Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with statusand dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees.
All applications are to be forwarded to:
Imo State University,
P.M.B. 2000 Owerri,
Note: Candidates should request their referees to forward references on them direct to the Vice-Chancellor in the same manner
Application Deadline 4th April, 2022.