The University of Maiduguri was created in 1975 as one of the second-generation Universities, which formed part of the programmes of the Third National Development plan (1975-80) by the then Federal Military Government. At inception, the university did not have physical structures of its own, but in April 1976 it inherited the premises owned by the former North East College of Arts and Science (NECAS).
In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Amendment Act 2012, the Governing Council of the University is hereby calling for applications from interested candidates with requisite qualification and experience to apply for the position below in the University of Maiduguri which will be vacant by the 19th of May, 2022:
Job Title: Bursar
The Office of the Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a University Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognised university with at least 15 years post qualification experience ten (10) of which should be in a Bursary Department of a recognised university, and must not be below the rank of a Deputy Bursar.
- An applicant should demonstrate adequate knowledge of computer applications and accounting software as well as be a member of a recognised professional accounting body such as ICAN, ANAN or similar others.
- Applicants for the post should not be above sixty (60) years at the time of assumption of office and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of the tenure of five (5) years.
Conditions of Service
- The Bursar shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and other benefits shall be as approved by the Federal Government and the Governing Council of the University of Maiduguri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send 25 copies of their typed Applications, up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of Credentials. The CV should at least include these details:
- Name in Full (Surname first),
- Post Applied for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal Address
- Nationality / State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children and Age
- Educational Qualifications & Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Statement of Experience (Including full details of former and present posts and employers).
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
All hard copies of documents along with soft copies of the CV and scanned credentials in PDF format on a CD or Flash drive should bear “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF BURSAR” boldly written on top left hand corner of the envelope, and be addressed and sent to:
University of Maiduguri,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Applicants must provide a one page statement of vision for the Bursary Department and University financial control.
- Candidates should request each of their referees to send a confidential report on them to the Registrar
Application Deadline 30th March, 2022.