Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager (CDP Programme) – North & West Africa
Job Number: R2013626
Schedule: Full time
- Dow is looking for a Business Development Manager via the Dow Commercial Development Program, located in one of our offices in West or North Africa.
- You will become part of an international cohort across the regions Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India forming the Trainee Wave of 2021. During the intensive induction program:
- You will be prepared to becoming Dow’s next generation of customer-centric sales professional by attending advanced sales management classroom training and working sessions in three different Dow locations across Europe (The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland)
- You will develop selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to become a Solutions Consultant to our customers in a complex B2B markets by handling real-life Sales and Marketing projects
- You will be trained to gain the technical skills to select, apply and modify Performance Silicones for optimized customer benefit, across a broad variety of markets and end uses.
- You will immediately be responsible for handling existing accounts and developing new business/growth opportunities for the Dow Performance Silicones business
- You will drive innovation sales in the Dow Performance Silicones business while becoming the key interface between internal R&D, Marketing and Customer R&D in order to develop understanding of customer needs, introduce new products as well as validate value propositions with sustainability in mind
- Network with Dow Senior leadership and shadow experienced Dow colleagues for early career mentoring and coaching
- After successful completion of the Commercial Development Program, you will become a Business Development Manager representing the Dow Performance Silicones business in North & West Africa, while interfacing with customers across all organizational levels.
Business Development Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Build and develop relationships with diverse external customers (direct and indirect) and internal stakeholders
- Achieve financial and commercial targets in assigned territory as derived by business strategies and marketing plans
- Must use commercial tools in the job (CRM, Vendavo, MAPs, Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Utilize extensive knowledge of customers’ total needs and Dow’s product offerings to form customer strategies and promote long term sustainable value creation
- Solve customer problems by working collaboratively with customers and a variety of internal functions
- You shall have a natural desire to learn, exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, and embrace a pro-active attitude. If you feel you possess effective communication skills paired with analytical and strategic thinking and enjoy working on teams in a diverse and empowering environment, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Further job requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Architecture, or Business with a clear technical interest. An additional MBA or other business education is a plus.
- Experience in Sales, Technical Service, Engineering, or Marketing or in a related industry of up to 3 – 6 years is an advantage
- Proven fluency in French and English is required; additional language skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to work extended hours at times
- A valid driver’s license is a must.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Interviews will take place shortly afterwards
Application Deadline 16th April, 2021.