The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – West Africa
Location: Lagos or Abuja
Pay Band: 8
Contract Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract with possibility of extension
- The post holder will lead the identification, positioning for and pursuit of donor, trusts, foundations and corporate funding for Nigeria and the West Africa Cluster in line with Regional, Country and Business Unit priorities.
- This role will maintain close engagement with the global Cultural Engagement Business Development and Client/Partner Engagement Teams to ensure learning and experience are shared across the organisation.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Graduate Degree in relevant field or work equivalent experience
- Ability to identify opportunities, write technical bids for them and speak credibly to donors/clients
- Demonstrable experience in winning client and partnership contracts exceeding £500k
- Proven track record in successful proposal development and management
- Financial control or programme management qualifications
- Strong background in winning commercial contracts exceeding £1m
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th July, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time)