Job Title: Business Development Officer
- The role is focused on planning, coordinating and assisting the Firm and its Partners with business development activities, including but not limited to, revenue generation, acquiring new clientele and business & pitching for additional legal services.
Key Primary Responsibilities Amongst Others to Note
- Identifying new business leads for revenue generation.
- Pitching the Firm’s legal services.
- Maintaining strategic relationships with existing clients.
Business Development Activities:
- Recommends Firm wide business development initiatives for the Firm’s Practice Groups and lawyers.
- Develops, delivers and promotes legal services and business development proposals for clients on technical services in an effective & professional manner.
- Evaluates and maintains the Firm’s databases utilized for business development, public relations and client services, and generates reports as requested.
- Identifies, develops and targets growth strategies and plans focused on both financial gain and increased client base.
- Initiates and supports cross-selling of legal services among lawyers.
- Drives forward sector campaigns, ensuring the successful delivery and monitoring of potential revenue channels.
- Researches, assembles and prepares draft of pitch documentation and Request For Proposals (RFPs).
- Maintains database of precedent clauses for use in future RFPs and business development opportunities, while making recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates logistics associated with pitch/RFP production and delivery, as well as taking full ownership over assignments.
- Identifies and establishes relationship with potential clients and key decision makers within the prospective client’s organization.
- Sets up meetings between client’s decision makers and the Firm’s partners as necessary.
- Works with in-house team of lawyers to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Develops and manages the Firm’s business development and client services annual budget, which includes business development expenditures for the Firm, Practice Groups, and individual lawyers.
- Prepares and manages public relations activities and communications for the firm
- Cultivates and strengthen relationships with media across all channels (TV, radio, print, digital and social media) to ensure prominent positioning for the Firm.
- Arranges for professional photo-shoots and maintains image, logos and visual files for use in online and print materials.
Management and Research:
- Submits bi-weekly progress reports and ensures data is accurate;
- Archives all business development digital assets of the Firm including photos, audio, text and video content and manage the database for all requests for assets.
- Manages, updates and supports the development of the monthly social media channels and calendar for BD related activities.
- Supports content development for the Firm’s Newsletters, as well as manages content for Support communications, research, and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or its equivalent.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL) optional;
- Minimum of Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience in Sales Function, Business Management, Market Research, Communications/Digital Marketing or similar roles.
- Ideal candidate must have worked in a legal firm.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent writing; and presentation skills with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop/CorelDraw
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an attention to detail;
- Excellent inter-personal and persuasion skills;
- Excellent problem solving, listening, learning and analytical thinking skills;
Reasonably compensated with usual benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th May, 2019.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter