They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Lekki 1, Lagos
- The role is focused on planning, coordinating and assisting the Firm and its Partners with business development activities, including but not limited to, revenue generation, acquiring new clientele and business, pitching for additional legal services; developing the Firm’s profile, as well as the Firm’s existing and prospective businesses.
The ideal Candidate must have a good knowledge of marketing and business development, with expertise in the particular practice area being interviewed for which are:
- Pitch documentation and Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Business operations
Successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Identifying new business leads for revenue generation.
- Researching, assembling and preparing draft of pitch documentation and Request For Proposals (RFPs
- Managing RFP responses, executive summaries and other bespoke pitch material while liaising with the Firm’s Partners and lawyers as necessary.
- Identifying new clients and maintaining strategic relationships with existing clients.
- Developing and managing the Firm’s business development and client services annual budget
- Managing all logistics related to public relations activities and communications for the firm (or contracts with and provides oversight to outside agencies).
- Managing the Firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites
- Supporting the development of the monthly social media calendar and generation of content for newsletters.
- Managing and updating the Firm’s Social Media Channels- Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter, while also carrying out competitive analysis for various law firms to influence better performance in the Firm
- Maintaining database of precedent clauses for use in future RFPs and business development opportunities, while making recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinating logistics associated with pitch/RFP production and delivery, as well as taking full ownership over assignments.
- Providing Firm wide practice group business development and marketing initiatives for the Firm’s practice groups and lawyers, including but not limited to, assisting with tracking/execution of business development initiatives, directory submissions, event coordination, profile-raising and other activities in accordance with the Firm’s strategic plans and policies as set by the Firm’s Partners.
- Editing, updating, and maintaining practice group marketing material, including practice group descriptions, lawyer’s biographies, and content for the website.
- Providing requested research using the Firm’s clientele database and online tools to develop intelligence on prospective targets
- Performing other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent writing; and presentation skills with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours with minimal or no supervision, including weekends when required.
- Ability to be innovative in developing key marketing and business development methods.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, listening, learning and analytical thinking skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop/Coreldraw
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with an attention to detail;
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet concurrent deadlines; and
- Ability to work out of office.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization while exhibiting high energy and genuine enthusiasm.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
- Excellent inter-personal and persuasion skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Relevant experience working in similar roles in an advisory firm or a law firm. (Professional services or business experience is a plus).
- The ideal candidate must have a Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in similar roles.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th April, 2019.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter