uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our Android application has over 1 million downloads on the Google Play store and we’ve been featured on credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Quartz and Business insider. Our product is aimed at delivering better learning outcomes for students across Africa, as well as improving their performance in national and international examinations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Representative
Employment Type: Full-time
- Present, promote, and sell / upsell the company’s products to existing and prospective customers – either through direct contact or telephonic correspondence.
- Address customer concerns and questions and overcome potential roadblocks in the sales cycle to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Handle grievances to protect the company’s reputation.
- Familiarise yourself with the work tools and software, which are provided by the company and necessary for successfully carrying out your responsibilities.
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Ensure that you maintain strict confidentiality on customer information you access via the company’s computer systems.
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Give feedback on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for a new product(s).
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in STEM
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of relevant computer programs.
- The patience and ability to effectively engage customers in conversation.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting customers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (updated copy of their CV and engaging Cover Letter) indicating and stating why they are a good fit for the job, to: [email protected] using “Application for the position of “Business Development Representative”, as the subject of the mail.
- Fresh Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Please attach an updated copy of your CV and Engaging Cover letter.