FBNQuest is the unified brand name for the Merchant Banking and Asset Management businesses of FBN Holdings Plc, one of the strongest and most dependable financial service groups in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Advisory Officer
Department: Financial Advisory
- The candidate shall be responsible for supporting the Team Lead in executing mergers and acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
- The candidate is expected to possess core financial analysis and financial modelling skills as well as a keen understanding of transaction structuring.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collate and analyze relevant financial and non-financial information from clients and various sources to support a potential or ongoing transaction.
- Identify and determine feasibility of possible mergers and acquisitions, privatisation projects and contribute to negotiations.
- Prepare and/or analyze business plans and articulate clients’ business objectives for the purpose of presenting in the context of buy-side or sell-side discussions with counter-parties
- Prepare advanced financial models in the context of M&As, leveraged buy-outs, restructurings, recapitalisations and independent valuation opinions.
- Conduct detailed financial and commercial due diligence to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisation transactions
- Conduct detailed and complex valuation exercises to support M&As, restructurings and recapitalisations
- Manage individual work streams within the context of large multi-faceted transaction
- Prepare confidential information memorandums, management / investor presentations, technical bids, post-acquisition plans and other presentations as applicable
- Manage/coordinate virtual and physical data room due diligence exercises in conjunction with other members of the team and working closely with external advisers
- Keep abreast of new regulations or policies that may affect various industries and consistently monitor local and international economies
- Build and maintain client base, keeping current client plans up to date and engaging new clients on ongoing basis
- Prepare, analyze and explain financial information of a given company and related companies within the respective industry
- Conduct relevant industry research and update database accordingly
- Participate in the management and development of the department by carrying out marketing and proposal efforts
- Manage and supervise financial advisory analysts in the execution of the above responsibilities
- Minimum of a First Degree (Second Class Upper)
- Master’s Degree and / or Professional Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years of core investment banking and financial advisory experience in a leading investment bank
- Experience with an international investment bank will be an added advantage
- Experience in Oil & Gas and/or Power sector will be an advantage
Key Competency Requirements:
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Advanced business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong research and learning skills
- Good knowledge of financial reporting, taxation and applied Corporate Finance techniques
- Good appreciation of major industry and regulatory trends and challenges
- Entrepreneurial skills, creativity and people management skills
- Strong analytical abilities, self-confidence, persistence, initiative and persuasiveness
- Quality of work: financial models, management presentations and information memorandums among others
- Timeliness in meeting client requests/turnaround time.
Job Title: Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (CRS) & Strategic Projects Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Communications & Knowledge Engagement
- To lead the delivery of Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability for FBNQuest, drive the strategic advocacy agenda of the group, and projects of the CKE department as may be assigned
- To be responsible for creating and implementing an approach to CR&S that complements the business strategy in the areas of corporate responsibility and employee volunteering in line with regulatory expectations.
- To be responsible for projecting FBNQuest as an involved, responsible and forward-thinking corporate citizen as a member of the FBN Holdings group
- To monitor and evaluate competitor activity and drive the implementation of coordinated response.
- To own and drive assigned duties with a focus on improving top of mind awareness, perception and consideration.
- To strongly support the growth of brand strength performance scores for the FBNQuest cluster of companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop and manage the delivery of FBNQuest’s Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability strategy in accordance with the HoldCo’s overall plan and the CBN’s requirements under the NSBP.
- Manage special projects for the CKE department in collaboration with internal or external stakeholders
- Initiate and drive the delivery of internal and external strategic advocacy initiatives
- Ensure best-in-class project management practices are applied to deliver all programs and projects within strategy, budget and timelines.
- Design high impact and high visibility projects that align initiatives to the overall business strategy, contribute to business objectives, and drive articulated value for each business within the group.
- Ensure the fulfilment of all reporting requirements to all relevant stakeholders including FBN Holdings, FBNQuest, CBN, and others as may be identified by the business.
- Manage the development and execution of communication plans for all activities, internally (FBNH Group) and externally
- Contribute towards continuous improvement through the implementation of global best practice by keeping the strategy and programmes under review, conducting research into other companies, non-profits and competitors to keep the firm updated on trends.
- Facilitate partnerships, guide and direct partners/consultants in achieving FBNQuest’s social investment objectives.
- Liaise, enhance and maintain relationships with stakeholders internally and externally, as well as responsible interest groups to ensure clarity and alignment and support.
- Lead organizational learning and other management activities across corporate responsibility & sustainability programmes, and adapt as appropriate to stay aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the group CR&S and Strategic Advocacy budget to ensure adherence and maximize returns.
- Support the HOD in development and implementation of annual subsidiary marketing and communications plans
- Support the annual departmental planning/budgeting cycle and ensure departmental resources are aligned with organizational priorities and plans.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Marketing, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years’ experience in communications or consulting, with at least 3-4 years in CR&S
- Strong experience working on NSBP implementation in the Nigerian banking sector (mandatory)
- Demonstrable project management experience or training (2-3 years)
- Experience in financial services an advantage
- Excellent in written and spoken English
- Excellent presentation skills.
Key Competency Requirements
- CR&S principles and practices
- CBN’s Nigerian Sustainability Banking Principles
- Project Management methodologies and techniques
- Dashboard management and reporting
- Financial Products and Services
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Advanced writing skills
- Industry Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects, and Excel
- Budget planning management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2021.