APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Experience Agent
Location: Onne, Rivers
Local Customer Service
- We are currently looking to hire a Customer Service Agent to join our team in Onne.
- He/she will be responsible for owning/managing the customer experience of his/her customers by proactively identifying issues & building relationships while promoting business opportunities in Logistics and Services to the mutual benefit of the customer and Maersk.
- Have more Customer’s business Acumen and ability to know what factors drives the decision making.
- Understanding of external factors impacting Customer’s supply Chain & understand their sense of urgency, service needs, drivers and desires.
- Ability to align with customer expectations upfront & to be able to respond with suggested solutions
- Be the primary point of contact for own customers and ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders.
- Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives.
- Together with One teams, own customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction across Maersk product offering (own customers).
- Willingness to go the extra mile towards the customers & with focus on providing solutions.
- In general, actively seek out and act on continuous improvement opportunities both in relation to customers and internal / external stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of a B.Sc or Master’s Degree / MBA in Marketing, Sales or Business related course
- Minimum of 2 years customer service or sales experience.
- Experience in shipping/logistics industry will be preferred but not compulsory. Must be willing to learning fast
- Proficient use (above average skill) in the use of Microsoft office tools i.e. excel, word and power point etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Pro-active person with a service oriented mindset.
- Dedicated, Decisive and result orientated with a can-do attitude.
- Likes to get it right the first time and can look ahead to avoid issues from happening.
- Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
- Comfortable with Change Management and capable of delivering high quality before, during and after transformation.
- Good process understanding and digital proficiency.
- Comfortable with working with multiple items at the same time whilst keeping quality in focus.
- Well organized, efficient and effective.
- An excellent team player.
- Good moral compass and ability to work the Company’s values.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world.
- We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars! No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers.
- This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Nigeria organization.
Interested and qualified candidate should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd May, 2021.
Job Title: Asset Maintenance Scheduler
Category: Terminal Operations / Engineering
- Ensure all Asset Maintenance work scheduling processes are applied with the aim of
- reducing any risks to as low as reasonably possible
- Responsible for taking planned work and building an executable schedule for all
- Build collaborative relationships with associated divisions and external parties.
- Participate and contribute to the APMT maintenance planning & scheduling community.
- Ensure compliance with APM Group values and business principle.
- Support the local Terminal Maintenance Planner to identify opportunities to reduce Opex and Capex costs.
- Monitor the programmes of work to track where these are being executed in
- accordance with the terminal schedules and flag any variances to management so that budget/ cost variations can be investigated and controlled.
- Terminal equipment, making the most efficient use of labour resources whilst minimising impact to terminal operations.
- Contribute to day to day scheduling processes for Asset Maintenance activities.
- Apply the best practice use of the CMMS and scheduling software tools for WO management and the scheduling (despatch) of work and all supporting resource requirements.
- Liaise with the Warehouse team to ensure the availability and timely issue of spare parts, materials and special tools, to support the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Apply global standards and requirements for scheduling to routine work processes at the terminal(s).
- Provide end to end monitoring and control of all maintenance WOs, from issue through to final close out.
- Monitor and provide feedback to management on best practice in work scheduling and CMMS utilisation in order to develop local and global process for maintenance work scheduling
- Ensure priority is given to the scheduling and despatch of inspection, maintenance and repair activities within local terminals to safeguard asset integrity.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse and Inventory team to ensure that best practice in supply chain management is properly applied in the local processes for scheduling.
- Apply good work practices and CMMS skills to optimise the efficient utilisation of allmhuman and material resources for the terminal’s Asset Maintenance work activities
People / Communications:
- Engage with personnel in the local Asset Maintenance teams, to lift the functional capabilities for maintenance scheduling.
- Ensure clear communication with the Local (internal) clients, external customers and suppliers.
We Are Looking for
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operational planning/ scheduling environment Local academic and further education path consistent with the scheduling role.
- Experience in a asset intensive environment, with exposure to complex scenarios for planning and organisation of work activities, prioritisation and resource management.
- Extensive maintenance scheduling experience based on digital data received from the CMMS and other systems.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning and scheduling metrics, principles, its processes and requirements.
- Practical work organisation and scheduling knowledge and competencies.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Highly disciplined – following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation and work order records are properly closed out.
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, with respect to employees, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- As a leading terminal operator in the world, we offer you exciting career opportunities with an international reach to further expand your experience through our diversity-focused and award-winning talent development initiatives.
- We have a competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees.
- We continue to look for new ways to invest in our talent through ongoing personal and professional development initiatives.
- Lastly, as one of the cornerstones of our values, we strive to deliver the right environment for the right people while fostering a culture of fairness, mutual respect, responsibility, and care for our business and our customers.
- At APM Terminals we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
- We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Asset Maintenance Coordinator
Health Safety & Environmental:
- Consider safety of personnel and assets at all times when assisting with breakdowns and dispatching breakdown teams
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies and procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace.
- Contribute to maintaining a strong safety culture within APMT operations.
- Promote the delivery of continuous improvement and constant drive towards incident free operations and reducing unplanned equipment outages
- Ensure that the APMT maintenance policy, standards, operating procedures and guidelines effectively drive safety and govern the implementation of the safe working practices.
Performance / Operational:
- Routinely liaise with Operations on equipment performance and breakdowns providing a single point of contact for breakdown response
- Prioritise breakdowns based on business impact, whilst escalating more complex failures
- Co-ordinate breakdown response teams and organize all resources and supporting services to ensure a rapid restoration of equipment function
- Monitor breakdown maintenance costs and the speed and effectiveness of the breakdown response, providing continuous improvement to the breakdown response process
- Support the terminal Maintenance Analyst in providing specialized insight into equipment failure characteristics and methods of repair
- Monitor and act on breakdown related KPIs and exception reports
- Apply the global procedures for Unplanned (breakdown) Maintenance, making localized adjustments and enhancements, (where appropriate), minimising time to repair and
- restoring equipment to safe and functional condition
- Participate and contribute to the APMT Global Asset Maintenance Community
- Support equipment incident investigations where these occur.
- Ensure the learning from equipment breakdowns is transferred throughout Asset Maintenance within the local terminal
- Support internal (with terminals and other discipline specialists) and global Asset Maintenance to ensure that best practices for breakdown response are applied at the terminal.
- Support an ongoing review process for the policies, procedures and guidelines for equipment reliability and breakdown management, which will support APMT in sustaining safe operation of all terminal equipment.
- Organise and share the breakdown team resources to supplement the workforce available for planned work as required
- Ensure details of all equipment breakdown events are recorded in the CMMS.
- Enhance and promote best practice in terminal breakdown maintenance by ensuring the correct knowledge, skills and resources are available within the breakdown team(s)
- Work collaboratively with other Asset Maintenance disciplines and terminal staff to ensure that the safe and efficient operation of the terminal equipment is sustained at all times, and that maximum benefits are achieved in the control of quality and costs
- Ensure clear communication with all internal clients
- Ensure compliance with APMT Group values and business principles.
- Assist the Local Head of Asset Maintenance to develop and manage the Asset
- Maintenance Department budget in accordance with APMT company business strategy
- Collaborate with other managers, supervisors and technical staff to drive down maintenance costs and optimise the breakdown maintenance response and processes.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years multi-discipline experience of maintenance & repair for a range of port terminal or heavy industrial equipment
- Experience of advanced equipment diagnostics and fault-finding
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of emergency response, diagnostics and breakdown repairs of port terminal or similar heavy industrial equipment
- Aptitude to multi-task in a high-pressure environment and rapidly assess and prioritise tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured, driven, self-motivating, result orientated, and capable of motivating teamsto achieve success
- Highly disciplined, following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation is completed High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, regarding employees, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence
- Good written English and verbal communication.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals to be safe, the most efficient and profitable terminals in the region
- Direct influence on strategic level decisions
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders
- Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th May 2021.