Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Carpenter
Job Number 21071164
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Nigeria
Job Category: Engineering & Facilities
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
- Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork / molding, and faux finishing. Install and repair finishes, such as laminates. Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry. Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls. Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors. Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using hand truck.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move up and down a ladder. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Safety and Security:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Policies and Procedures:
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others:
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Removal of snow and maintenance of ice management (if applicable).
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items:
- Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
- Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Re-key locks (if applicable)
- Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property.
Maintain Building and Property:
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Use transcendent software for preventive maintenance
Painting / Carpentry:
- Install and repair finishes, such as laminates.
- Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork/molding, and faux finishing.
- Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry.
- Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors.
- Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using hand truck.
- Arithmetic Computation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Customer Service Orientation
- Property Knowledge
- Company Polices Knowledge
- Positive Demeanor
- Safety Orientation
- Detail Orientation
- Time Management
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Visual Acuity
Tools and Equipment:
- Hand / Power Tools
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Clearance
Guest Room Preventative Maintenance:
Maintenance and Repair:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Related Work Experience:
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- No supervisory experience is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law