The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier 1
Job ID: ABJ202100207
- Under the supervision of the Accountant 3, the Cashier 1 is accountable for the physical processing of cash transactions and the integrity of physical cash balances in the sub delegation, strictly respecting and applying the ICRC`s rules on financial management.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures.
- Helps ensure that operations run smoothly through efficient cash-flow management, covering the fund needs of the delegation/structure.
- Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation.
- Participate in cash flow management, ensuring efficient liquidity. Handles cash replenishment from bank.
- Ensures respect for financial procedures and guidelines and explains them to “clients”.
- Receives and review all financial documents and dispatches them to various approvals per thresholds.
- Guarantees proper filing of relevant supporting documents for future reference, including audits.
- Participates in monthly and yearly closing; print and attach all vouchers and transmit to Abuja for month end- closing.
- Handles the delegation’s cash disbursements and payments including salary/working advances.
- Follow-up on all open advances on a regular basis to ensure timely settlement.
- Prepares invoices for payment (by cash, cheque or bank transfer).
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Accounting or any relevant field.
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar field.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Very good computer skills Chad Basin.
- Rigor, methodical and good analytical skills.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and meticulously.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] Clearly indicating “ABJ202100207 Cashier 1 MIU” as the subject of the application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the email, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 8th August, 2021. (16:30hrs.)