Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier – Food & Beverage Svcs
Job Number: 21053645
Location: Marriott Hotel – Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting procedures and policies. Follow property control audit standards and cash handling procedures (e.g., blind drops).
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies, obtaining change required for expected business level, and keeping bank secure at all times.
- Set up and organize cashier workstation with designated supplies, forms, and resource materials; and maintain cleanliness of workstation at all times.
- Complete opening duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, including bank, and ensuring everything is in working order.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Transport bank to/from assigned workstation.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter