Atlas Copco Nigeria has been established since 2009 with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt. The Customer Center employs around 50 people and represents two Business Areas – Compressor Technique and Power Technique.
Atlas Copco is an OEM in the emerging Alternative Energy Space. We Design, Supply, Install, Service, and Maintain, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Fueling systems. We have a network of customer throughout the nation that we offer technical support to.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Functional area: Finance
- We are looking for an experienced Chief Accountant to support Atlas Copco Nigeria’s business development, ensuring both efficiency and compliance with internal and external rules and regulations.
- This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated person with high analytical skills and this position will be based in Lagos
- The role is to assist in developing tools within accounting & control, and in management of financial accounting processes in the company.
- This position will lead the finance team and reports to the Business Controller who is a member of the Management Team.
Mission as Chief Accountant you will:
- Ensure Accurate and timely closing of the books and ensure efficient reporting processes (monthly/quarterly/Annually).
- Ensure strict compliance with various tax and other statutory requirements, rules and regulations including transfer pricing.
- Well-grounded in Accounting and Finance functions (credit management, Revenue accounting, assets management, inventories, receivables, taxes etc.),
- Ensure adherence and compliance with company policies and procedures (The Way We Do Things)
- Analyze business and financial data, in an accurate, relevant and timely manner, in order to map the performance, trends and various potential forecasts of the company,
- Ensure that financial reporting is in accordance with IFRS and The Way We Do Things,
- Continue to integrate, adapt and develop the financial organization to fulfil the Atlas Copco Group financial and organizational standards,
- Safeguard assets of the company through accounts reconciliations, impairment assessments of assets and liabilities and managing verification exercises of fixed assets, cash and stock periodically.
- Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ACCA or equivalent) University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent. MBA is desirable
- Practice of Business analysis and risk management. Good understanding of how to prepare financial statements and financial reporting. Able to work in a fast-paced environment as a strong and influential team member.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, lead or as part of a team.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in finance, working with ERP systems (SAP is an advantage), experience in leading a team.
- Good knowledge on general accounting principles, IFRS and Local statutory accounting rules- Knowledge of the Group reporting systems.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP and other financial planning software.
- Fluency in English Knowledge of Atlas Copco’s The Way We Do Things Good command of Windows Tools specially a good working knowledge of Excel Understanding of local Finance, Accounting and regulatory practices.
- Target and result oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Dynamic and open to change
- Team player- Strong sense of ownership, taking responsibility and leading projects to a successful conclusion
- Motivate, engage and coach your team in the organization to create lasting results
- Good communication skills at all levels
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subjecy of the email.
Note: Atlas Copco Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 10th April, 2021.