The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, lle-fe is one of the foremost Teaching Hospitals in Nigeria, founded on the Ife Philosophy as a guiding principle which focuses on an integrated healthcare delivery system approach with emphasis on comprehensive healthcare services comprising primary at the base, secondary and tertiary services at the hospital settings. The institution has five (5) healthcare hospital units with 831-Bed complement and 57 Dental Chairs offering diverse and specialized services.
The vision of the institution is to become a leading centre of excellence in every Clinical, Training and Support Services while its mission is to provide quality healthcare services, manpower development through training and research for the overall benefit of the patients and the society. The Chief Medical Director will be responsible to give effective leadership towards the achievement of the vision and mission aimed at transforming the institution to 21st century world class standard.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Medical Director / Chief Executive Officer
Location: Ile-Ife, Osun
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head / Chief Executive of the institution. He / She is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Chief Medical Director is charged with the responsibility of the execution of government policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
- Candidates must be Medical Practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria not less than twelve (12) years post qualification;
- Candidates must be Fellows of either the Fellowship of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent registrable by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must be Fellows duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical Researches is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience are an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
Condition of Service
- These are as obtainable in the Federal Public Service of Nigeria and as provided for in Decree No.10 of 1985 now ACT 463 Cap U15 of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.
Salary and Allowances
Salary and Allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of officer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope addressed and sent to:
The Director of Administration,
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
lle-Ife, Osun State.
Application Deadline 2nd June, 2022.
- Candidate must enclose his/her vision statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1,000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of not less than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to above address by the Referees.