Unidrill Energy and Marina Petroleum, subsidiaries of Fidelity Bond Group Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of business development, financials, operations, human resources, and compliance of Unidrill Energy Ltd and Marina Petroleum Ltd.
Drive Business Performance:
- Oversee all business and financial operations, including P&L management; develop architecture for digital sales and marketing.
- Develop cost-efficient pricing to generate good margins in line with set targets.
- Oversees the development and implementation of operation business strategies, objectives and plans to achieve corporate targets.
- Undertake market expansion actions that will satisfy customers’ needs.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities and consumer preference to position company’s drive accordingly.
- Ensure all issues likely to affect the attainment of global market are resolved.
- Actively identify and initiate new/additional products development initiatives for various target consumer market.
- Generate new business by being proactive in identifying new opportunities and promoting new solutions.
- Work actively with the marketing communications to create product awareness and lead marketing promotion programs to increase margins and market share.
- Oversees the management of relationships with key business partners.
- Engages with the external communities, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders concerning business operations to ensure operations run smoothly at all locations.
- Reviews and presents management and regulatory reports on core business operations.
- Ensures adequate crisis prevention and crisis management measures are in place across all core business locations.
- Analyze effectiveness of processes and systems in use in general and recommend corrective action or automation.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual operational reports, budget to the Chairman.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate.
- Escalate out of budgets items to the Chairman for approval.
- Evaluate performance data / metrics and implements measures to ensure achievement of operational / financial targets.
- Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Chairman, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Ensure that business change projects are delivered in line with directions from Executive Management level.
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money.
Driving Business Direction:
- To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting of business requirements and decision-making process.
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders, government, suppliers, etc. to ensure correct focus and direction for the organization at operations and technology level.
- Develop and implement growth strategies, identify new business opportunities and manage marketing efforts.
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
- Accountable for driving the business model.
- Ensure that risk is effectively addressed in all aspects of the business.
- Ensure that a proper infrastructure (building, systems and staff complement) is maintained and developed for the organization.
- Works with relevant teams to develop various tech framework and platforms necessary to drive retail lending.
- Develop and implement fraud prevention procedures and processes to ensure effective transaction monitoring (Implementing tools to monitor transactions, identify attempted fraud and reports).
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes by evaluating performance, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
People Management / Leadership:
- Coordinate with the human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees.
- Provide Human Resources oversight in areas such as recruitment, hiring and compensation policies, benefits administration and oversight, professional training and development, including new employee orientation, regulatory oversight and legal compliance, development and oversight of annual employee review process, development and oversight of retention and employee well-being strategies, oversight of payroll submission and reports.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on Executive Management to ensure the correct focus.
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions.
- Mentor and develop staff using supportive and collaborative approach by assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision which will encourage a culture of excellence, high performance and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 8+ years progressive experience with a minimum of 8+ years in Oil and Gas, Mining or any related discipline.
- M.Sc. / MBA in Strategy or related discipline is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated track record of establishing and maintaining safe work environments and fostering a strong safety culture.
- Experience and knowledge to ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and associated permits.
- Proven ability to effectively present and communicate key technical, financial, safety, environmental and social matters to the board and other stakeholders.
- Have proven experience in the development and management of mine operations.
Desired Competencies and Skills:
- Sales and Marketing
- Financial Management
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Strategy and Execution
- Advanced project management skills.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of business functions such as Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and so on.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT / Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Result-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- High level of business acumen including successful P&L management.
- Entrepreneurial in nature.
- Adroit, humble and proactive.
- Transformative mindset, visionary and goal-oriented team player, and a self-starter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 23rd February, 2022.