Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
Applications are invited for:
Title: Emerging Markets Analyst Program, EMEA, Full Time Analyst, Nigeria
Job Req ID: 80014104
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: BCMA Capital Markets, BCMA Corporate Banking, BCMA Investment Banking, Operations, Treasury and Trade Solutions
Start Date: June 2022.
You’re the Brains Behind Our Work:
- Citi’s Europe, Middle East and Africa regional business is looking for full-time Analysts to join the team in various locations across the region.
- The EM Analyst Program begins in July with a 4-week training program. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from the teams that make up the both banking and operational divisions within Citi. The classroom training program are followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various functions of Citi.
- The link you have selected is for the Emerging Markets Analyst Program within Nigeria
Your time here will look something like this:
- The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations.
- These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
- Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region.
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
We Provide You with the Knowledge and Skills you need to Succeed:
- During your 4-week training program you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture.
- We are open to your degree background as we will provide you the training you require to excel.
- By the end of the program, Analysts will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal mobility opportunities and grown their corporate career.
We Want To Hear From You If
- You have completed your University Degree or will complete it prior to June 2022
- You have a minimum grade of 2:1, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have less than 3 years of work experience.
- You must have completed one year of National Service (if applicable, please upload your NYSC certificate).
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital.
- As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments.
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making.
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required.
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Attach your updated CV, full academic transcript and ID or passport copy.
- If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly as the program will start in June 2022