ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international financial institution established by the 15 Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). EBID includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The main objective of EBID is to contribute to the economic development of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs. The headquarters of the bank is in Lome in the Togolese Republic.
In order to reinforce its human resource capacity, the ECOWAS BANK for Investment And Development is seeking to recruit qualified persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
- The successful candidate will assist in the implementation of the Institution’s policy in the area of financing infrastructure projects.
- Identification of structure works and technical equipment;
- Preparation of the project completion report;
- Formulation and organisation of tools (operating chart, reporting, review statements, etc…);
- Preparation of the periodic activity report on projects in the portfolio;
- Appraisal of technical aspects of projects (objective analysis of equipment and installation needs.);
- Appraisal of environmental impact and attendant risks of projects;
- Monitoring of the execution of works (checking of the progress status and compliance with the terms of reference);
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- The successful candidate must be a holder of at least, a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Materials and Structures), Building and Public Works, or in a related field, or any other equivalent degree from a recognized university or institution of higher education;
- Knowledge of private sector project financing mechanisms;
- Very good writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical, review, organizational skills and good ability to work under pressure and in a team in a multicultural environment;
- Good physical condition enabling participation in field missions;
- Being perfectly bilingual would be an asset.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in the design and implementation or analysis, monitoring and evaluation of engineering projects. Experience in a financial institution or as a Consulting Engineer in a consultancy firm would be an asset;
- Expertise in cost estimating, structural design and management of infrastructure projects;
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures;
- Good knowledge of geological, environmental, economic and financial analysis of projects;
Candidates must be:
- Nationals of ECOWAS Member States;
- Not more than 45 years old;
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Fluent in French and/or English and/or Portuguese, and proficient in one of the other two languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications by email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application must include
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- A letter of interest;
- Copies of degrees or certificates;
- Copy of identity card or passport; and
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Any application not submitted through this email address would not be acknowledged.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and oral interview. EBID reserves the right to withdraw the notified vacancies
Application Deadline 31st May, 2022.