At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPS), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and understand that life can sometimes go beyond your capabilities. Additionally, we understand the role genetics and environmental factors play in our mental health and the ability to cope with life.
Difficult situations do arise, and at such times, we are committed to providing the much needed support to our clients and patients, ensuring that each individual experiences a more realistic, flexible journey to Recovery.
Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary and delivered in a safe and comfortable environment with experienced staff that provide specialist services and combine a range of therapeutic interventions.
TOPS became the first Day Hospital addiction and mental health resource center in Nigeria when it opened in Abuja a few years ago. It has since grown to have an inpatient facility in Abuja. TOPS has a robust array of psychological tools and can boast of being one of the few Centers in West Africa that have the latest Psychological Tools like the WISC-V for testing intelligence in younger people. We have a robust Child and Adolescent service. Our Medical Director, Dr Motunrayo Oyelohunnu, who was appointed MD last year on her return from Canada has a special interest in Child and Adolescent psychiatry and is making sure that investments are made in the organisation to cater for the needs of individual and families with young people that have mental and behavioural challenges.
Our Drug rehabilitation program is a blend of both American/Canadian and UK treatment protocols (choosing the best from each service). More importantly we believe in the role of spirituality in treatment, irrespective of your faith. Your spiritual development will be encouraged.
TOPS is now a member of the newly formed Intersect Consortium. This is the largest consortium of organisations providing mental and behavioral health treatments in Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Life Camp, Abuja
- A clinical psychologist identifies and diagnoses psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in client, develops and implements treatment plans.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply. Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders of patients and develop treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Have an understanding of Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy, talk therapy, person-centred therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plan.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow-up and management.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Coordinate family inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
Requirements and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology
- Minimum of 3 years Clinical experience
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality
- Female preferred for gender equality
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Stress tolerance.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.