Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba began in 1987 at the former Asaba technical College, (ATC) at its temporary site. The College consist of the School of Education, the School of Business Education, the School of Technical Education, the School of Vocational Education and the School of Computer and Science Education. The basic mission of the college is to improve the quality of Technical Education.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Asaba, Delta
- Forming overall library policy, personal contact and liaising with departments on book requirements.
- Preparation of library budgets.
- Giving professional advice on library matters.
- Responsible to the Provost for the smooth running of the College Library.
- Performing any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- The candidate must not be less than a Deputy Librarian by rank.
- He / she must have at least 18 years relevant experience in the College Education system.
- Candidate must not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Candidate must show evidence of sustainable contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer.
- Candidate must show a clear understanding of 21st century College Library and demonstrate considerable experience in its management and administration.
- Candidate must have the ability to initiate research and must be knowledgeable in the application of relevant computer software in library operation / services especially E-Library.
- Must possess a good honours Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Must possess a Masters Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree would be added advantage.
- The candidate must be at least a registered member of Librarians Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and Nigerian Library Association.
Terms of Appointment:
- The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years in the first instance, but may be eligible for re-appointment for a second and final term of five (5) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary / remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for College Librarians of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined.
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, Local Government of Area and State of Origin
- Current postal address and permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association / Bodies
- Works experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer-status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to “The Chairman, Governing Council” and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M.B. 1044, Asaba,
- Referees: Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date
Application Deadline 12th July, 2021.