Hello Products is an African healthcare company based in Lagos, Nigeria and a member of Jagal investments. We develop, manufacture and distribute a range of high quality personal and home care brands that support healthier life and safer homes throughout Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Role and Responsibilities
- Analytical review of draft & final board papers for completeness, accuracy, and generation of business insights for decision making.
- Support adequate control environment to manage existing / potential business & financial risks to the business
- Preparation and analysis of investments appraisal for current & new businesses, advising the business on investments returns target ROIC to the shareholders.
- Support the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business drivers for Hello Product Limited.
- Supervise the preparation of Annual budget, & quarterly business reviews (R1 – R3) & monitor actual performance against plans.
- Full responsibility for all activities relating to account receivables, credit control/terms/limits, monitoring of credit customers, key accounts, refunds, discounts/rebates, Dr/Cr journal accuracy, customers and staff debtors accounts reconciliation, customer cheques, outstanding debts.
- HPL Leadership Team.
- Support External & Internal Audit.
- Banks & Regulators.
- Commercial & Supply Chain teams.
- Nurturing Finance talent for future roles.
- Drive the preparation of business cases to evaluate the economic viability & financial implications of strategic business decisions.
- Support the analysis of the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans
- Full responsibility for all management reports e.g., Management Business Review (MBR), HPL periodic Management report for all functions, Business Review Meeting (BRM), Sales and Operations Planning Financials (S&OP) etc.
- Full responsibility for Brand performance & profitability management with Sales and Marketing.
- Full responsibility for Marketing and Sales Team financial and non-financial decision support, strategic planning, and alignment between customer & category.
- Any other duty assigned by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- First Degree in Economics / Accounting.
- 10+ years with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Commercial experience & acumen
- Strategic Finance Management
- Accounting & Audit Skills.
- ACA/ACCA/CPA Proficient in Microsoft Excel and MS Word
- People & Stakeholder management compulsory
- First class Financial Modeler with unparalleled analytical skills.
- Exceptional business partnering skills with business knowledge.
- Leadership and Organizational skills.
- Strong Software experience – SAP, Business Object (BO/BW), Oracle, Sage, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Veeva.
- Business development acumen.
- Decision support expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of current regulatory laws and IFRS accounting policies
- Commercial and business awareness.
- People management skills.
- Stakeholder engagement skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2022.