International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Communication Assistant-Hickey Family Foundation (HFF) to join our team in Kano office, Nigeria to effectively manage Social Mobilization activities and maintain collaborative links with the key communication stakeholders in Nassarawa LGA, Kano.
- The Communication Assistant will be responsible for designing, planning and providing technical guidance on social mobilization activities in the HFF project in Kano states.
- He/she will work closely with the State Health Educator and State Social mobilization focal persons to ensure efficient and effective communication in the implementation of the HFF activities in the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the State VCMs and state social mobilization focal persons
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness and increase demand for primary healthcare (PHC) services for children under five and pregnant/lactating women at the health facilities.
- Support training and supervision of Voluntary Community Mobilizers and other social and or community mobilization agents working under the Hickey project.
- Support the M&E Officers to effectively collect, collate and report social and community mobilization data as required.
- Collaborate with Data Assistant to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities.
- Prepare and submit timely and quality communication activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Carry out other tasks to support the HFF project activities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in Social / Behavioural Sciences (Development Studies, Anthropology, Psychology, and Health Education) or any other relevant discipline of study
- Proven experience on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
- Ability to work successfully in cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- Minimum of Three (3) years “Hands On” work experience in advocacy, social and or community mobilization or any health programs.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; – and- ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level.
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the relevant states of operations and ability to communicate fluently in Hausa.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Female candidate desirable.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV in a single MS Word Document to “the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Due to the urgent need for the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com
- Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review
- Adhere strictly to the application instructions, otherwise, applications will not be considered
Application Deadline 17th June, 2022.