The Fund for Africa’s Future (Future Africa) is a fund manager that invests early in mission-driven founders solving hard problems for large markets. Our mission is to build an African future by turning our most difficult challenges into global business opportunities. Our fund is backed by the founders of Andela, Paystack, Jumpbike and investors at Local Globe. Our vision is to build a future where purpose and prosperity are within everyone’s reach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications & Branding Manager
Employment Type: Full-time, Fully Remote (Africa-Based)
Role: Communications & Branding Manager
In this role, you’ll often find yourself:
- Distilling key brand values into meaningful messaging.
- Organising press coverage, public speaking opportunities and events with teammates and key stakeholders.
- Mentoring teammates on our brand values and the use of our brand assets.
- Measuring and analysing the effectiveness of brand initiatives.
- Setting and maintaining a quarterly brand communications budget.
- Defining our marketing and communications strategy and roadmap.
- Developing our communication toolset and driving adoption across all channels.
- Creating content that defines thought leadership in the space.
- Defining and executing the content distribution strategy across multiple channels.
- At least 5 years working in Marketing & Communications.
- A portfolio of content that demonstrates a clear point of view and novel ideas.
- A portfolio of powerful stories told in multiple formats.
- Communicate fluently in English (verbally and written).
- Ability to work remotely with fast & reliable internet and independently to turn multiple tasks into coherent projects (and vice versa).
- Thought leadership on Start-ups in Africa and the global investor landscape.
- Growing networks with key press in the African startup ecosystem.
- Minimum 5+ hours overlap with WAT business hours.
This role could be perfect for you if you:
You’re an expert on how venture capital is accelerating emerging markets:
- You’ve studied international markets on 2+ continents, creating powerful networks, developing a sixth sense about startup trends.
- You geek out about the flow of capital to solve compelling problems and distribute technology across different regions around the world. Your enthusiasm for these topics is downright contagious.
You’re a Journalist turned PR Expert:
- After years learning about how the press works, you switched sides and have been building strong brands through powerful public reations for multiple companies. You leverage your growing network of both journalists and business leaders to weave campaigns and events together to create value for both networks.
You’re a student and storyteller of business:
- You love studying how business and technology are shaping the world. You love business deep dives and can operate at startup speeds.
- You’re a skilled researcher and meticulously attend to details before crafting any piece of content. But you also know that great is the enemy of done, and you strive to always meet your deadlines.
You’re a brand builder:
- You love turning a powerful story or a great concept into a powerful brand. You know how to distill the key messages of the brand and make the messages land with the right audience.
- You have a hand for design that truly stands out, can tell stories that stick. You get deeply passionate about the brands you build.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st March, 2022.