Centre for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is one of the Youth-led organizations implementing humanitarian response to IDPs and other highly vulnerable communities in the North East Nigeria.
As part of CATAI responsibility to meet the set Goal of project activities, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
Locations: Gwoza and Ngala – Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting: Education Manager
Starting Date: February, 2022
- This position main task is to monitor the implementation of educational activities of CATAI in schools and within the community of project implementation.
- S/he works under the supervision of the Education Manager.
- The Community engagement officer supervises the work of incentive teachers and volunteers, including their capacity building.
- S/he is responsible for the quality and safeness of activities delivered in schools under his/her supervision, according to the mandate, commitments, and standards of the project. This position is a project based full-time.
- Liaises and interacts regularly with children and youth, parents, teachers and the community in order to promote understanding and acceptance of CATAI Education activities.
- Promotes awareness on Education issues within the community and disseminates means to raise concerns and feedback.
- In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, proposes education and outreach activities and planning, according to expressed needs by educational staff, including headmasters, teachers, and Departments of Education (DoE), as well as children’s wishes and needs.
- S/he ensures punctual implementation and follow up of data collection, s/he is in charge of ensuring proficient utilization of education databases and ensures volunteers.
- S/he in identifying capacity building needs among educational staff, the community, and other professionals relating to child protection and positive discipline in schools; including the identification of possible training participants and/or focal points.
- Supervises teachers and coordinates volunteer teachers in order to ensure effective, safe, stimulating and quality implementation of formal and non-formal educational activities.
- Monitors and ensure’s incentive teachers on the job, as well as build a respectful and non-stressful environment for children and the community.
- Prepare activity schedule and monitor compliance under the supervision of the line manager.
- S/he is supporting rehabilitation and distribution to schools’ activities, by analyzing needs, proposing tailored intervention, leading assessment and surveys.
Essential Criteria, Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible experience in education, case management or other related area, with a minimum of 1 year work experience with NGOs.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Good facilitation and capacity building skills.
- Analytical and computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Languages Required: English.
- Understanding of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Experience in facilitating activities with children, youth, parents and the community.
- Good command of English is essential, basic Hausa and Kanuri is of added value.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th December, 2021.