The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Health Field Officer – (National Position)
Job Reference No: ABJ202200283
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the direct supervision of the Community Health Delegate, the Community Health Field Officer 2 is the focal point for all matters related to the ICRC and NorCross (Norwegian Red Cross) supported community-based health in Adamawa and Borno states, with emphasis on especially promotive and preventive healthcare, communicable diseases, nutrition, hygiene promotion, and sexual and gender-based violence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely implementation and quality monitoring of the NorCross supported community health projects through structured and regular monitoring, field visits, follow up and reporting.
- Oversee the coordination of all the components of the nutrition activities in collaboration with the Community Health Delegate
- Liaise with health authorities State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA), State Ministry of Health (SMoH), Local Government Authorities (LGAs) and humanitarian organisations working in nutrition and health as required by his/her supervisor
- Prepares timely weekly field movement plan and field trip reports
- Identifies training needs with the Community Health delegate and NRCS focal person (s), and prepares plan and budget, and implements training programs including on-site training.
- Advises the NRCS on evidence-based interaction with community members and groups on issues related to diagnostic screenings, sanitation or hygiene, self-care, risk or prevention of conditions and issues related to improving general health
- Collaborates and ensures complementarity with ICRC health programmes which are carried out in the same areas.
- In a collaboration with sub delegation and NRCS branches, organizes for a joint filed monitoring field visits to the selected project sites.
- Ensure Community Engagement and Accountability methodologies are used in the design and implementation of community-based health projects.
- Ensure that community health volunteers receive consistent professional clinical supervision, and that outreach activities are tied to the provision of adequate clinical services.
- Support the integration of relevant activities to improve health status of beneficiaries and facilitate access to adequate services for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence, when relevant and in coordination with other ICRC teams e.g. protection.
- Supports multi-disciplinary assessments, identifies needs and contributes to planning new programs and ongoing monitoring of existing programs.
Education and Experience Required
- Degree in related Health Sciences e.g. Nursing, Midwifery; registered and with relevant experience,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing community-based health or other related health programs.
Desired profile and Skills:
- Previous experience in community-based health and/or nutrition programs
- Previous experience in humanitarian context in N.E Nigeria
- Very good understanding of culture/health structure in Northeast
- Understanding of humanitarian cluster systems
- Fluent in written and oral English, Local Languages i.e. Hausa
- Good reporting and analytical skills, Computer literate (Word, Excel)
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application letter and NYSC Certificate to: [email protected] using the “ABJ202200283 Community Health Field Officer 2 MIU” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 22nd April, 2022.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- (Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.